T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brief recap for those not on Great Gear:

I received an email today from Cafe Press featuring a Pimp store and giving me the coupon code "PIMP."

I have no problem with Cafe Press allowing any sort of store or design, but why is it that they only highlight the tacky stuff?! This is the first time they've ever sent out an email featuring just one Shop, and they picked one of the sleaziest I've ever seen.

I've already sent a letter of complaint to CP, and I know a few others have as well.

John M

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Hi John, I don't think CafePress only highlights the "tacky" stuff. I've seen quite a few different types of shops highlighted in the various newsletters.

Also, what is tacky to one person is a popular item to another.

It is interesting that the newsletter only contained items from one shop, but I don't want to make this a "company complaint" forum :)

It's good that you sent them a letter letting them know how you feel. That's definitely the best way to get results from any company you're dealing with.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rodney said:
Hi John, I don't think CafePress only highlights the "tacky" stuff. I've seen quite a few different types of shops highlighted in the various newsletters.
Hi Rodney,

You're right of course, but in the few months that I've been using Care Press, they seem to be moving more and more in that direction. The Pimp store was featured in the latest "Wire" as well, along with a MILF shop.

Rodney said:
Also, what is tacky to one person is a popular item to another.

It is interesting that the newsletter only contained items from one shop, but I don't want to make this a "company complaint" forum :)
Sorry, I'll try to keep the ranting to a minimum. :)

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
telepathicfrog said:
You're right of course, but in the few months that I've been using Care Press, they seem to be moving more and more in that direction. The Pimp store was featured in the latest "Wire" as well, along with a MILF shop.
Yeah, I see what you're saying. I hope it doesn't become a trend.

I'm pretty sure those are hot (meaning high sales) topics at the moment, but hopefully they won't go too far down the "offensive" alley since they have a wide audience in their newsletters.

I heard the term MILF on prime time television (NBC's: The Apprentice). They even described what it meant (using friendlier terms for the last F). I was pretty surprised to hear that.

Sorry, I'll try to keep the ranting to a minimum. :)
No worries :)

--
I really nead a signature.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Something I was also starting to wonder about, I don't have a problem with the "offensive" stuff but a few have expressed concern that more of a focus be put on the 'Art' category, "art" for lack of a better word as most if not all designs could be described as art as some sort. I can understand putting emphasis on hotter selling categories, but there's so much out there other than the moment's trend perhaps more emphasis should be put on other categories before cafepress becomes too narrow and their customer base to focused on those particular areas.

DM

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To some extent I can see promoting the popular shops, but then I wonder if it makes more sense to promote the lesser known shops. Take someone who's making some great designs and give them a boost.

Ahh, but I'm not a marketing person. :)

John M

1 - 7 of 7 Posts