T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Believe me when I tell you dye inks are more or less the same.
Years of personal experience talking.
Rogray thank you for an answer :)
Martin Butler from Youtube says exactly the same and I'm ready to belive it (it won't cost me anything to try because Epson comes with those inks anyway).
But all I see is pigment Pigment PIGMENT, ONLY Pigment etc :)
Then I see something like this on Youtube:

CISINKS® Heat Transfer Paper Tutorial and Demonstration for Pigment and DYE inks - YouTube

And I'm a bit confused.
Would you be able to comment on this video, is this fake or different printer setting used for those 2 prints??

·
Registered
40 Posts
Rogray thank you for an answer :)
Martin Butler from Youtube says exactly the same and I'm ready to belive it (it won't cost me anything to try because Epson comes with those inks anyway).
But all I see is pigment Pigment PIGMENT, ONLY Pigment etc :)
Then I see something like this on Youtube:

CISINKS® Heat Transfer Paper Tutorial and Demonstration for Pigment and DYE inks - YouTube

And I'm a bit confused.
Would you be able to comment on this video, is this fake or different printer setting used for those 2 prints??
Yep seen that one I really can't say for certain if it is fake or not, but I do know what I see and I see not much difference if any between the two ink in terms of finish. In fact I can't tell you the difference once both jobs comes out right as in right temperature pressure and time. I'm inclined to agree with Martins latest video about they just want to sell the more expensive inks for profit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the video I do see difference to be honest. Pigment ink print comes out better in my opinion, I mean it is more saturated, but, of course it could be manipulated to convince viewers to buy their ink, who knows :/
I think I will try dye (because I will have it anyway) and then if I won't be satisfied I will think about some Pigment, maybe from City Ink Express.
Thank you Rogray :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
In the video I do see difference to be honest. Pigment ink print comes out better in my opinion, I mean it is more saturated, but, of course it could be manipulated to convince viewers to buy their ink, who knows :/
I think I will try dye (because I will have it anyway) and then if I won't be satisfied I will think about some Pigment, maybe from City Ink Express.
Thank you Rogray :)
The thing is I got the same printer as you have so you can do this to, print out the same design twice one setting on normal the other on photo you will see a difference in the quality of the prints. I used pigment and dye the my main gripe is the pigment inks blocks up my printer dye inks don't. The quality of print difference is minimal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.