T-Shirt Forums banner
41 - 60 of 186 Posts

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I am interested too, first off how much do these trailers run, and where do you find them? That is a great set up.
I found mine a For Sale: race & performance cars, engines, engine parts, trailers . It was 1 year old. It was used as an office for a track photographer at a dragstip.
He had decided to quit. He had the side window, breaker box, air conditioner, and counters installed. He threw in a 100" power cord and a 2 wheel dolly made for moving the trailer around by hand. I gave $2800 for it.

I recommend the dolly. Sometimes at shows they want the trailer where you can get it close with the truck but not in just the right spot.

Ususally anywhere that sells enclosed or horse trailers can get you whatever you want. My next one will have vendor windows in it.

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I am thinking of setting up at a few beach events and selling my shirts that way too.

Couple questions.........1. How do you guys do on a weekend, how many shirts do you sell and such? 2. HOw many shirts and designs do you print off and take with you, what is a good number?

Each event is different. one weekend we might sell 10 shirts then 50 or more the next at a similar event. We started this last year. We just went to any event that would allow us to set up. We did carshows, tractor shows, streetfests, fall festivals, swap meets, racing events, biker events and so on.
We kept records of how we did at each one and what shirts and designs sold. We are using that to know where to set up this year and where to stay away from.

One weekend we''ll sell mostly black shirts and the next it might be white.
We'll sell alot of a certain design. So we'll stock up on those. Take them to the next event and not sell one of that design. People are funny. We haven't got it quite figured out.

We make the shirts on site. We have a couple of cabinets of blanks and 2 rubbermaid containers of transfers in x-ray envelopes.
That way the customer gets the trasfer on the color and size shirt they want.
It cuts down on inventory. It becomes a sort of novelty since the customer has his shirt made while they wait.

Take business cards. if you have a store, encourage people to stop by.
Decide if you are willing to ship shrits to people if you don't have the right one with you. We do.

Good luck!!

· Registered
309 Posts
Each event is different. one weekend we might sell 10 shirts then 50 or more the next at a similar event. We started this last year. We just went to any event that would allow us to set up. We did carshows, tractor shows, streetfests, fall festivals, swap meets, racing events, biker events and so on.
We kept records of how we did at each one and what shirts and designs sold. We are using that to know where to set up this year and where to stay away from.

One weekend we''ll sell mostly black shirts and the next it might be white.
We'll sell alot of a certain design. So we'll stock up on those. Take them to the next event and not sell one of that design. People are funny. We haven't got it quite figured out.

We make the shirts on site. We have a couple of cabinets of blanks and 2 rubbermaid containers of transfers in x-ray envelopes.
That way the customer gets the trasfer on the color and size shirt they want.
It cuts down on inventory. It becomes a sort of novelty since the customer has his shirt made while they wait.

Take business cards. if you have a store, encourage people to stop by.
Decide if you are willing to ship shrits to people if you don't have the right one with you. We do.

Good luck!!
Are the transfer heat press?Do you do heat press only?

· Registered
27 Posts
I have done sunglasses. Very profitable but a pain to set up and pack at the end of the show. Not too mention people trying them on, getting them dirty and then having to clean them so they look nice enough to sell again. There is also dust and weather to think about. If its not sunny...no sales. I don't know...personal preference I guess. I no longer sell them.

· Registered
1,328 Posts
Threadsafe new headquarters

Hi all, we finally moved out of our cramped area and into a new place.
We found a great deal right around the corner 1800 sq. ft, at .70 cents per sq foot with a bathroom.
Here are some pictures of our new place.. in no particular order:

Flickr: Photos from threadsafeinc

We had to have an electrician come out and add new outlets and circuits for the presses. Also, we had a pre-treat room built to keep the airborne particles from getting all over the place.

· Registered
1,328 Posts
Thanks guys!
Yes Rodney, we were very lucky. Also the shop does not have any other fees such as parking lot, etc. which is nice. We're adding our new Summa D60 plotter today also, so that way our DTG printer is not lonely :D

I think the best part is that it takes us about 1 1/2 min to drive there from our house!

· Registered
350 Posts
1st thing I notice is it is a sweet space, Your "Looks Good" sign is it like color marker? It looks kinda cheap to me, I think professional air is best. Get creative with display, especially if you are doing custom work, everything you have needs to look awesome so people are like wow they must do awesome work.

Things look super crowded! The color is good cause it makes people notice the space. However you don't really have a focal point. Watch some HDTV! lol.
The soft pink color you have gives you a great opportunity to showcase darker colored shirts, and sweet designs on white shirts that have bright or darker colors.
If your main sales are t-shirt then showcase t-shirts on one wall.
If it is something else showcase that.
But I would try and develop one space that is just for one type of thing that you really want to sell. That way people get a feel for what you are good at, and what you can do. Anything you can do to draw their eyes at what you are trying to sell is best.

Just going from a consumers viewpoint.
Walk around look at other peoples stores, see how they showcase things, look at what catches your eye and makes you slow your steps, or bring you to a stop. That is what you are looking for.

· Registered
55 Posts
Well, I guess I'm a little late here. I've been using this booth setup for a little over a year now.

http://www.coyote-custom.com/images/booth1.JPG

http://www.coyote-custom.com/images/booth2.JPG

It's mostly a GridWall cage that I keep all of my product, supplies, and equipment in. I keep a couple of books with images in them that customers pick from and then make each item (decal or shirt) custom to order.

The GridWall is great, it all pulls apart so that everything fits in my minivan and has plenty of space for hanging samples. It's nice having sides and a back when you're butted right up against someone.

I have mostly done dog shows and science fiction conventions.

However, I've recently acquired a real job and will be scaling back to just online sales.

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Well I WAS going to put pictures up of my NEW store done on a VERY LOW budget but now i'm kinda worried. I'm not so good with constructive critisism. Oh well lets just start with the outside pictures and see how it goes. Please keep in mind I only pay $600/month.

I like the sign. I would come in just to see what you had for sale.

41 - 60 of 186 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.