T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How about some pics of everybody's display? Show how you sell to the public. If it's just a pop-up all the way to an actual store front. Maybe you just have a display at indoor events. Here's a couple pics of mine at the last car show we did.

Attachments

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
T D Homa said:
66shirts do you find the trailer a lot easier to travel from show to show with? Also, is that equiped w/ electricity or is more for shelter/design/preping. Very good idea I like the setup a lot.
The trailer makes it much easier for us to travel. No more loading and unloading of shirts and equipment every time we go somewhere. 90% of the stuff stays in the trailer. Just hook up and go.
It is wired for electricity and has a/c. I have a generator for the shows that don't provide power. It has a 6' counter to work off of. When we are busy, I'll be in the tent area outside taking orders and my wife will be in the trailer making shirts for customers.

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
PrintMonkey said:
Webby's setup looks just like we used to do it.
Rubbermaid totes, gotta love them.
Looks good.

We now have trailer. Sure makes it easy.
The events we do happen no matter what the weather so it is nice to be inside.

Will have to start a thread on what weird or funny things that happens while doing a event.

Mark
Our trailer is a nice starting point. It would be nice if it were bigger. I really like yours. I wish mine had a vendor window.

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I am interested too, first off how much do these trailers run, and where do you find them? That is a great set up.
I found mine a For Sale: race & performance cars, engines, engine parts, trailers . It was 1 year old. It was used as an office for a track photographer at a dragstip.
He had decided to quit. He had the side window, breaker box, air conditioner, and counters installed. He threw in a 100" power cord and a 2 wheel dolly made for moving the trailer around by hand. I gave $2800 for it.

I recommend the dolly. Sometimes at shows they want the trailer where you can get it close with the truck but not in just the right spot.

Ususally anywhere that sells enclosed or horse trailers can get you whatever you want. My next one will have vendor windows in it.

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I am thinking of setting up at a few beach events and selling my shirts that way too.

Couple questions.........1. How do you guys do on a weekend, how many shirts do you sell and such? 2. HOw many shirts and designs do you print off and take with you, what is a good number?

Each event is different. one weekend we might sell 10 shirts then 50 or more the next at a similar event. We started this last year. We just went to any event that would allow us to set up. We did carshows, tractor shows, streetfests, fall festivals, swap meets, racing events, biker events and so on.
We kept records of how we did at each one and what shirts and designs sold. We are using that to know where to set up this year and where to stay away from.

One weekend we''ll sell mostly black shirts and the next it might be white.
We'll sell alot of a certain design. So we'll stock up on those. Take them to the next event and not sell one of that design. People are funny. We haven't got it quite figured out.

We make the shirts on site. We have a couple of cabinets of blanks and 2 rubbermaid containers of transfers in x-ray envelopes.
That way the customer gets the trasfer on the color and size shirt they want.
It cuts down on inventory. It becomes a sort of novelty since the customer has his shirt made while they wait.

Take business cards. if you have a store, encourage people to stop by.
Decide if you are willing to ship shrits to people if you don't have the right one with you. We do.

Good luck!!

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Well I WAS going to put pictures up of my NEW store done on a VERY LOW budget but now i'm kinda worried. I'm not so good with constructive critisism. Oh well lets just start with the outside pictures and see how it goes. Please keep in mind I only pay $600/month.

I like the sign. I would come in just to see what you had for sale.

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Sold the little trailer last year and bought a 28'. I can haul the items to sell and my racecar in one trailer. Works out good so far. Did one show at the end of the year last year. I went to a swap meet on a Saturday and my wife went with me on Sunday when they had a race. She would watch the set-up when I raced.

I bought it from Proline trailers in Roanoke Va. They sell on www.racingjunk.com It has an 8' vendor window, air conditioning, lights, and outlets.

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Ok, we are in the process of moving into a store front on main street. Here is the before pictures and if I do not die from ulcers I will post after pictures...lol 2500 sq ft.
When do you think opening day will be?

You going to sell shirts that compete with your buddy down on the corner?:D

Good luck with the store.

There goes my custom shirt business.:D

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Nice work Screenanator. We have a Nostalgia event coming up in May.
Here's my brother with the dragster, me in the middle, and my dad with his Monza.

My boy, not pictured, has raced our '78 Malibu. It runs 14.60's. Not bad for a 16 yr old kid.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.