T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching the forum to try and find tips for placement of equipment/storage/organization for home based tshirt business, and may not be searching with the right tag words but can't find anything.
I do heat press transfer and vinyl and when appropriate, I order plastisol transfers for custom jobs, several of which I keep transfers on hand and press as needed (for new employees etc). I started out as a hobbyist, loved it and by word of mouth have grown and need to be more efficient. Spending too much time searching for things!

So understanding the personal preference aspect, can anyone share the way they utilize their space to operate efficiently? How do you store your paper, wall and heat press vinyl? How do you organize your inventory? I'm home based- have an 18x18 square space. Thinking of continuous counter around perimeter with "stations" set up ... Would love to see pictures if anyone is interested. Thanks!

· Registered
23 Posts
Personally , I look at it as minimum movement , the less steps the better . Be flexable , leave room to change it up for jobs that require more space . Plenty of outlets . Build tables at working height" mine are 3ft tall as I am 6'1" " , not a folding table height , one inch can make a huge difference in how long you feel comfortable . Clean area's , all finished stuff go in a clean area .

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! My area was a little smaller than I had hoped, but I ended up setting up stations around the perimeter, then found an IKEA table on craigs list that folds up to 30" high by 10" wide, but opens to 59"x36. I just did a job and used the table to put shirts after press, and then pack and invoice. Worked great! Color scheme and decoration could definitely use some work, but at least I am more organized and efficient! Husband made me a pegboard wall rack too - I painted it and put moulding around for frame and my tape, rulers, weeding tools, scissors etc. are all right in front of me. Love it.

All this accomplished during Atlanta's Snowmageddon Part 2. I need about 4 Snowmageddons a year to start and finish all these projects!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.