T-Shirt Forums banner

PHOTOSHOPPING Art or not?

[Photoshop] -  
1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Deathtricity 
in my opinion it takes creativity but unless you actually design the art then to me its cheating. but that being said when the end goal is money in the bank all if fair game. if someone can make millions off taking a photo of someone and gray scaling it and adding a texture then more power to him. but over saturation of it makes it harder for good artist to compete.

ok im updating my first post to this, after reading the question many times i believe you asked a major load question. When you asked if photo "manipulation" and "editing" is art. I asked many people this today and everyone of them said NO WAY. and the reason is because your are taking a photo or design or drawing and changing it, ASSUMING ITS NOT YOURS, then you did not create the "art" your just changing it. Now that being said Editing can make a really crappy piece or art or photo and make it look amazing. What people do with editing is extremely Creative. If you create the base to what your are manipulating or editing I would call it art if not its editing or a creative process.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.