T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I know this has been touched on before, but I can't find a specific answer that I haven't tried yet.. So I thought I would ask. And it's kinda long, sorry :)

I have a design (text and a solid cutout graphic) that I created in Photoshop. I have used Photoshop for the last 15 or so years and never learned any other program like Illustrator (I know, shame on me). Anyway, with various random shirts I've designed in the past, various random screen printers have never had a problem with my Photoshop images.

Fast forward to now.. I have a friend who owns a screen printing business, and has someone else run it for her. He said he uses Corel. She wanted me to do some designs for her so I did the one stated above.. Emailed it to printer as a PDF, he says he can't open it. I send him a zipped PDF, still no luck. I tried sending as a TIFF but maxed out my size limits on email..

He says I can just "bring my laptop there and hook it up to his printer." Am I going to have to just eat a day and drive almost 3 hours total to do it that way? Am I doing something incorrectly in the creating/saving/sending aspect? I welcome any thoughts or criticisms or whatever.. I know I could easily be at fault in this, so that's why I'm asking you guys.

Thanks in advance!

· Registered
339 Posts
Can you save it as a EPS file that will work.
I sometimes have to design billboards in PS and send then to a printer as EPS files and they print the large billboards for me.
We send a scaled down version as their rip handles upsizing it very well to print it.

I am a hard core PS user to and just started on corelDRAW so i can work with text a lot better and work with smaller files that can up sized to anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.