T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to figure out If I need to set the resolution in photoshop at 300 or leave it at 72. Will the quality be a lot better at 300 and does it lay down a lot more ink at that setting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,384 Posts
Im trying to figure out If I need to set the resolution in photoshop at 300 or leave it at 72. Will the quality be a lot better at 300 and does it lay down a lot more ink at that setting.

72 is for monitor 300 is for print.

· Registered
1,384 Posts
Thanks. So basically are saying that while working on the art 72 is fine but print it using 300?

if you working on 72 you will see a big nice crisp picture, but when you will send that to print you will have small one picture.

You should google for: resolution screen vs print. And you will not have any doubts with this any more.

· Registered
130 Posts
you need to start off at 300 dpi or larger at the actual size your design needs to be. if you need 11" x 17" then start there because once your design is done you can normally only increase or decrease 15% before you see lines go soft. Yes even shrinking distorts your design. if you seal a graphic from the internet the is 2" high at 72 dpi it will not do you any good for print.

I get asked all the time to use low resolution images on design projects but it just can't be done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.