T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I basically took a very crappy image and spent hours cleaning it up in photoshop while breaking it into two separate channels for two different colors. I finally have the image up to the quality that I want, however, I am having trouble adding this image into a new project. How can I get the two channels into a new background?? I hope this made since but it the only way I know to explain it. Thanks for any help!!!

Steve

·
Registered
7 Posts
u can't transfer channels but u can drag over layers. create two new layers, open ur channels palette, ctl+click a channel, select one of ur new layers and fill it. do the same with ur other channel and the other layer. now u have ur two channels essetially as layers. just drag them onto ur new file/background/project.

·
Registered
21 Posts
you can drag your channels into the new document too, if it appears too big or small when it's in the new document it's because the resolutions in both files differ from each other. if you're doing it by "duplicate channel", the new document probably won't appear in the destination if the new document doesn't match the size & resolution, but dragging and dropping shouldn't be a prob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts