T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Yes Rodney, you've figured it out. LOL
Also from what I've heard and read, the X3 has greatly improved the trace function as well as several other things. It's the best bitmap to vector trace I've used.

Identityburn is correct, but seems to be leaving out one important thing that should really help you choose the CorelDraw X3 suite, and that is that when you buy CorelDraw X3 you are also getting Corel Photo Paint which effectively does anything you would want to do in Photoshop and you get it all for a lot less money.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Obviously both programs are excellent. They both have a tremendous following and huge online support and tips.

Illustrator and Photoshop are very powerful.
So are CorelDraw and Photo Paint

It is generally excepted that CorelDraw is more user friendly.

All of these programs can do way more than most of us will ever need to create any possible design that we might think up for use in screen print, ink jet transfer, plastisol or cut vinyl t-shirts.

So let's look at it like this.

Illustrator CS2 $499 List
Photoshop CS2 $649 List
Total $1148

CorelDraw X3 Suite which includes Photo Paint $399 List
Stahls Mighty Press 15 x 15 $625 New
50 blank Gildan t-shirts $124 Delivered
Total $1148

·
Registered
952 Posts
Rodney said:
....PS. You can get white t-shirts for much less than $2.48 per t-shirt from just about any wholesale source (ssactivewear, sanmar, broder, alphashirt.com, etc)
Yes, that's true, and so far I get mine from blankshirts. That was a delivered to my front door cost. I think I paid $3 per black tee delivered to my door. They would be less expensive in larger quantities to, but none of this is on topic for this thread.

Also Ross, just to be clear, LiveTrace is in Illustrator and PowerTrace is in Corel Draw X3.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.