T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Auto tracing anything in any program is not something that should be relied upon as the sole means of conversion in my opinion, unless of course you don't mind 100,000 points in your document and a serious PITA if any major edits are needed.

Also, for me at least, I find it rare that I get acceptable results when auto tracing. Don't get me wrong, there have been a few instances where auto trace has saved me some time, but even with the degree of control in auto tracing applications now I would NEVER allow myself to completely rely on it.

Of course it all depends on the artwork and the way it is going to be used, but for me I find that most of the time it pays to just pony up and get to tracing. There's just no substitute for a clean vector file.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have Photoshop 7. where can I find a tutorial on how to take an image to Illustrator and convert it to a vector image or is the Livetrace feature not available for a version that old. Thanks Deric
If I remember correctly live trace first appeared in Illustrator CS2.

For versions prior do a google search for adobe streamline.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.