T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not seeing any additional speed in general. Possibly there's some speed gain regarding some specific actions. Both Illustrator and Photoshop seem fairly buggy. Both are having major problems on touchscreen computer. Those problems didn't exist in CS5. Illustrator CS5 never had any support for touch but Photoshop did and it worked pretty well. That is no broken and very buggy. Illustrator and Photoshop are both not working normally with the touchpad on my laptop either.

Photoshop CS6 is behaving very, very slow when manipulating fonts and I believe slightly slower in general.

There seems to be a great amount of change for the sake of change.
The redesign of the interface seems largely unnecessary and I'm not sure I see how it helps me to work faster or better. Illustrator didn't get much in the way of new features. Just a few new features. Tools that have hidden, secondary tools can now be broken out of the toolbox and docked, but it seems to create an incredible waste of space. They can't be docked vertically one on top of another, but only horizontally creating a new large column for each toolset.

Adobe says that you're supposed to be able to keep your "settings" from previous versions of CS Suite. I'd always been able to do import them by copying and pasting settings in app data etc, but not this time. My workspace settings just didn't work so I had to rebuild the workspaces. Key commands and actions worked ok. Same for Photoshop.

Photoshop apparently got 62% new features from what I've read in a review. So far it just seems slower to me.

I signed up for Creative Cloud membership. That's working out fine so far. I have every program available on both my laptop and desktop. Unfortunately CS6 doesn't like the laptop touchpad and touchscreen.

I'm considering whether or not I will keep the Creative Cloud membership or cancel it for now.

Adobe is still the best game in town even with all these flaws. I do begin to wonder though if Adobe is losing it's touch. Starting with CS4 I began to see flaws with the interface that have never been fixed. I also don't like how even though bugs are rare with Adobe software, Adobe doesn't ever fix a bug until the next paid update. If I find a bug today, it will be solved with CS7.

· Registered
23 Posts
I have only acquired Photoshop CS6 so far and I've been having multiple issue's with fonts. It's extremely slow and takes a good 5 seconds or more to get into my text box and even just make one. Love that they have implemented the darker screen. Some people will say, "ehh who cares it's just the interface" but I work a lot with specific pantone colors and the different screen colors helps me tremendously. It also has a less strain on my eyes and honestly... gray is outdated ;)
Adobe is still the 1st in the game but I feel as though they are just pushing out new versions as fast as possible and not thinking about them enough...

· Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same here. Slow font manipulation in Photoshop CS6. I've been seeing quality problems with Adobe stuff since CS4. It may be that they are not able to assure the kind of quality control that Adobe was famous for. CS4 had major interface issues on Windows that were never fixed. It basically forces you to use tabbed windows which does not suit my particular workflow where I'm often looking at and working with multiple images at once. On a Mac, floating windows work in the opposite way and are still usable though somewhat problematic. Floating palettes can be resized right off the bottom of the screen. Before CS4 that wasn't possible. Now, you either use tabbed palettes and Windows or suffer through these bugs.

· Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Adobe is still the strongest game in town by far, even with the unfortunately large amount of bugs in the CS6 release. But it's kind of scary since we depend so much on Adobe. I wish someone would give Adobe some stiff competition.

· Registered
23 Posts
I went ahead and bought myself a subscription to Adobe Cloud and I must say... I love having every program I need right at my fingertips. I use about 5 Adobe programs on a regular basis so it honestly pays for itself and is much better than having to pay thousands of dollars straight up for all of these programs.

I also haven't been having as many problems with Photoshop CS6 as I did before and there are still a thorough amount of new things I haven't even had time to play with yet...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.