T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an Epson WF-7510 extra wide 13"x19" printer, but it's not working very well through Photoshop. I have to save files in jpg. on my desktop in order to print out nice opaque films so I can burn screens to print t-shirts.

If I print the image while in photo shop the printer prints very thin, not opaque. It also prints a thin transparent background veil, behind letters or images- a very thin veil which takes up the entire page. I don't get why it does that. I don't know how to disable that function or mess w/ settings. I'm assuming it has something to do w/ my settings??? I don't know. Please help, so I don't have to take the printer back, because it's really pretty nice otherwise.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Hi,
Ok, so if you're getting some background/ghosting, it means that you do have that in your artwork. Put a solid color temporary layer that's a color that will show contrast from your artwork/background. This will help you to more easily see what you have to erase.

With your printer not wanting to print other than .jpg........is your version of Photoshop a student copy? If that's the case, I know that those versions are limited in some functions.
You want to use dye ink cartridges for films. They are meant for printing on films and much more opaque. Additionally, if you're working with transparent levels in your designs, you will get a more transparent print.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for your response. However my Photoshop is CS5. It works perfectly with my small printer. Although I'm not the most advanced in the world, I am capable with CS5. It's printing that ghost They'll set slightly inside the perimeter of the entire 8.5 x 11" page. I don't see how it could be part of the image. I start off with a blank page, and type a single letter, or insert a single stock image from the Photoshop pallet of images, one single little image and I run a test print... Just to see why I get that thin transparent veil... I don't know why this WF-7510, is doing this. I appreciate your help, but I don't think it addresses my issue. Unless it's something that I don't see, I'm not a beginner, your solution seems to assume beginner status.... If you have any other solutions I would be eager to listen. Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.