T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have separated a 4-color spot printing job using Photoshop CS3 with the select color range method. The artwork has separated fine but when I print onto inkjet film, the registration marks in Photoshop do not print.

I have checked the Registration Marks box in the print dialog screen. The artwork is printing nicely but no reg marks. I've wasted two pieces of 13x19 film and don't have paper big enough to keep checking. Has this happened to anyone or can someone send me some advice on a course of action? Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you are making a postscript file in order to print to a RIP printer sometimes when you specify your page size before you tell it that you want registration marks it will cut them out. So just check that you want registration then adjust to your page size that is needed

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The reg marks did not show up on the preview. If I don't see them on the print preview then they won't be printing? I'm sending this file to my epson 1400 without a rip.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
The reg marks did not show up on the preview. If I don't see them on the print preview then they won't be printing? I'm sending this file to my epson 1400 without a rip.

Thanks.

No it will not print if not shown in preview. You now have to choices to make. one is to reduce your design in order for the reg marks to show and print. second is to add your registration marks as a vector layer into the design itself (if you have a clear corners, compose it there).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Here is a quick and dirty solution.
shift->control click on the thumbnails of layers or channels. That selects all of the not transparent pixels in the image. Then click on select->modify->expand by 2 pixels. Then go image-> crop.

All of that is to make your actual print smaller than the page size. For some reason you have to have a margin for the marks to print in. I so wish adobe would take a lesson from corel and let you place your marks where you want them.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
124 Posts
You should also check the Crop Artwork To box in the Setup tab of the Print dialog. If it is set to Artboard, the marks tend to not show. Try Artwork Bounding Box.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
What they're trying to say is, if your art is 13x19 and you're printing to a 13x19 sheet, the registration marks would fall outside the sheet. You'll have to make the art around 12x18 for the registration marks to show, and they normally pop into view in the preview as soon as you click on the button.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The image I had was smaller than the 13x19 but the document size blocked the marks with the white background.

I cropped the image and the registration marks showed up.

Thanks everybody for your responses. T-Shirt Forum members are the Best!

·
Registered
32 Posts
The image I had was smaller than the 13x19 but the document size blocked the marks with the white background.

I cropped the image and the registration marks showed up.

Thanks everybody for your responses. T-Shirt Forum members are the Best!
I have the same sentiment. I was going crazy till I found this post. Now its back to work and making multi color designs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts