T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can i connect with the cameo in photoshop 2018? like instead of using the silhouette software, can i make cut lines and/or registration marks and send them to the cameo straight from photoshop? or should i/do have to use the silhouette software to cut?

·
Registered
400 Posts
i use photoshop then I drop my jpg in inkscape, path trace bitmap save as EPS and then I plot in signcut pro.

I also use sure cuts alot it came free with one of the plotters from uscutter. It is limited in how you can morph the letters. I use photoshop to design it if it has any special effects.

·
Registered
621 Posts
You need cutting software to cut. Some cutters have a pseudo printer driver you can print to, (if its all vectors,) but this isn't normal, and I view it as a kludge.

Cutting software can just cut, or it can cut and do design. I think the silhouette software cuts and has design elements. You should, though be able to design in any vector program, if the silhouette software can import the design exported from the design software. This I am unsure of in silhouette, but have heard you have to upgrade it to do this.

As others have said, Photoshop is raster, you need vector. BUT, Photoshop can do some vector stuff. As long as you stick to paths in Photoshop it's doable. So if the silhouette software could accept an import from PS export, (as vector,) you might be able to use it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFkLLovTA7g

If you just want more design abilities, Inkscape kills it for vector for cut vinyl. No need to go further. If you have other vector needs outside cut vinyl, then Inkscape might not go far enough.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.