T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my products from the screen printer and they are tagged and ready to be sold. My next step is to start my E-store. I will probably use godaddy as my website builder (Despite the negative things I have read).

Do I need photoshop or a similar product to help build banners, personalize my photos and create watermarks? Just recently I purchased hang tags and the printing company wanted to charge me an additional cost of $50 to help design the back of my hang tag. For the front of the tag I used my own file with my logo on it. This got me thinking…I really need photoshop or a similar program to create my own graphics and files.

What do you all recommend?

· Registered
30 Posts
I just received my products from the screen printer and they are tagged and ready to be sold. My next step is to start my E-store. I will probably use godaddy as my website builder (Despite the negative things I have read).

Do I need photoshop or a similar product to help build banners, personalize my photos and create watermarks? Just recently I purchased hang tags and the printing company wanted to charge me an additional cost of $50 to help design the back of my hang tag. For the front of the tag I used my own file with my logo on it. This got me thinking…I really need photoshop or a similar program to create my own graphics and files.

What do you all recommend?
In all honesty it comes down to preference. I've been an Adobe user for years and I cant see myself switching to anything else but others will tell you differently depending on their experience. My advice is to download some free trials and get a feel as to which tools you enjoy working with the most. I'm currently subscribed to Adobe's Creative Cloud which gives you full access to all their software for a monthly fee. Some people may feel that paying monthly for software isn't a good idea and I completely understand their concerns but for my workflow and for the fact that I use many of adobes products its perfect for me.

Adobe has a free 30 day trial that includes pretty much any product so grab Photoshop and illustrator from that and try them out.

As to alternatives you have Corel which also provides free trials to their products I believe CorelDraw and PaintShop Pro are their versions of AI,PS (but I could be wrong I've personally never used either of them). You can also check out Inkscape which is free open source software for vector graphics.

In the end just try them all and figure out what best suites your needs. Also keep in mind that these are professional tools and do have a learning curve to them especially if you've never worked with this kind of software before. However there are a ton of online resources available to make you proficient with them. I personally learned to use AI,PS, and PP from lynda.com.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.