T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help! I have Photoshop Element 3 and an Epson Photo 1400 printer. I am having difficulty resizing the image. I type 9" wide by 6" hi and it still prints out the original size of the artwork 5x8, regardless of what I change it to. Also, if you could tell me the average size the artwork should be to cover the T-Shirt" frontal. I always go with 8.5 as the width. Is there a standard size??

·
Registered
75 Posts
Please help! I have Photoshop Element 3 and an Epson Photo 1400 printer. I am having difficulty resizing the image. I type 9" wide by 6" hi and it still prints out the original size of the artwork 5x8, regardless of what I change it to. Also, if you could tell me the average size the artwork should be to cover the T-Shirt" frontal. I always go with 8.5 as the width. Is there a standard size??

Thats really odd becasue that printer can print up too 13" x 19" try resizing the photo againa nd then saving the file, close it and reopen and see if it is resized at the size you saved it too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Seems like you are resizing the paper and not the artwork. You need to enlarge the artwork to the size you need. Then print it on you 9 x 6 final size paper size.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Make sure that when the window for printing in photoshop shows up, it is the correct size you want. There is a little box in the left corner that shows a print preview. Things on the screen dont always look like how they print.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I clicked on image>resized>(entered height and width). clicked OK, then page set up. size 11x14. clicked ok and it is still printing the the original size, a smaller version than what I am requesting.

·
Registered
75 Posts
have you printed anything else besides this image before, maybe check your crop area, go back into the print set up and check to see if maybe there is a crop optiont hat is on..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Photoshop does not have a crop box like illustrator. Photoshop automatically stretches the image to 100%. Sometimes it seems like the image is the size of the image on the screen but that is not true. 3" in Photoshop is the printed size, not what is on the screen.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Make sure you are going to "image size" and not paper size. Image size and paper size are two completely different things. Please feel free to give me call.

·
Registered
16 Posts
One thing I do in the print box is scale image ( say 60% or...) rather than change my original image size and do not have scale to fit media checked

1 - 9 of 9 Posts