T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I am trying to print fine art Black and white photos on chromoluxe aluminium similar to Bayphoto. Has anybody ever tried this on an epson 9 ink printer like stylus pro 3800 or 4900?
My understanding is that with there is a much better colour gamut with orange and green inks. I cannot for the life of me ,source light light black , light black sublimation ink for my epson 3800 except for sawgrass cartridges.
Thanks

· Registered
339 Posts
I am using a Epson Artisan 1430 6 color ink with Cobra inks and i have printed a good amount of metal chromoluxe and other brands of metal with no problems but i have not done a Black and White image yet i will have to try that and see.

What kind of images are you doing landscapes or people photos i will try one.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am using a Epson Artisan 1430 6 color ink with Cobra inks and i have printed a good amount of metal chromoluxe and other brands of metal with no problems but i have not done a Black and White image yet i will have to try that and see.

Hi, mostly BW landscapes. Apparently you need the lk and llk inks for this. I am trying to get similar results to pigment inks on my epson 4900 which has 10 inks, but want the 3d effect of the sublimation on metal.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
InkTec Product Codes:
DTI01 = matt black
DTI010 = light black
DTI020 = Photo black IIRC

If you're selecting matt prints, then the gloss/photo black channel won't get used as far as I know, so you could just put cleaning fluid in that channel.
THanks for that, it looks like I'm just missing light light black.
Anyone know where i can get Inktec DTI010 = light black?

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Hi Eddie, where would i get cobra inks and what colours would i put in each 3800 cartridge to get your results?
thanks
niall

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.