T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in using the "ghost mannequin" technique to display my shirts on my website. Does anyone have suggestions as to doing a blank t as a base and imposing script on that blank and getting preorders before running the actual production of the shirts? Or do I need to produce all the shirts first than do the posting of the picture of the actual shirt on the site? I would prefer not to run them until I know they will sell.
Is there a preferred vendor offering ghost mannequin technique photo services?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Honestly, I've been guilty of uploading my artwork to the bigboys, then downloading their preview for my site. Not really sure how the copyright falls since the bigboys tend to use manufacturers images anyway.

FYI, I'm not suggesting this is ethical, it's just something I have done in the past.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am assuming that you are printing the garments yourself yes?

There is no need to complicate things.

The bottom line is, the image you have on your site is what will sell the garment so it needs to be a good image

Go here and upload your print file into their mockup tool

Code:
https://printaura.com/mockups/

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Most of the garment brands have hi-res images of each line/colourway available on their website. Worth downloading any that you plan to use. You will then have an accurate image of the actual garment you are going to use.
Open up in your vector software and add your own artwork file.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.