T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I'm very new to this forum, so please bear with me :)

For the last month or so, I have researched on screenprinting, since I'd like to start printing limited amounts of t-shirts, max. 1-3 of each design.
I have come across PhotoEZ and StencilPRO (as others) and am a really surprised that those products cannot be bought anywhere in Europe.
Can that really be true:confused:

I am very interested in buying on of those, since I like the simplicity of the process and I know that I can get them from USA, but the point is:
I live in Denmark, where I - on top of the price of the items and the rather expensive shipping - if buying from outside of the European Union will have to pay both 25% of the total value incl. shipping in VAT + additional 25% of the total value to the customs for importing from outside EU, so...
As you can figure, that will be a very expensive adventure for me, unless I find an EU dealer.
Specially since it's for my own custom made t-shirts/artwork etc. and not really for reselling.

So can it really be true that I can't buy it anywhere within the EU or does anyone know of a registered shop in the EU, that are considering importing and selling any of these products in the near future?

Or any new equivalent on the Eu market since the post from sep. 2007?

Thank you in advance for any help/answer you can give :D

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
From what I understand customs duty to Denmark is from 4 to 14% maximum. plus vat at 25%
Depending on how many sheets you are buying, you might get away without paying any duty and also having your local postman just delivering to you.
As for the Vat whether you buy from the US or from any other EU country this would still have to be paid.
Obviously this is just my opinion.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for both replys :)

For the Yudu, it seems that i will have the same problem, apparently noone in Europe sells Yudu - unfortunatly :(

Regarding duty to Denmark, if the amount (incl. shipping!) is below 80 Danish Crone (app. 10 Euros) no duty will come on top, but obviously my chances of that are non-existant. Sure, I will have to pay VAT no matter from where I buy, allthough the VAT in other European countries are less than in DK (25%).

The real problem is the duty that come on top (it's based on the total cost of the goods + the shipping cost, and not just the cost of the goods alone. Which - together with the shipping cost for even just a few sheets - makes it rather expensive to buy 2-6 sheets of PhotoEZ/StencilPRO from USA) for which reason I'm trying to find a place within the UK/Europe where to buy similar capillary films to use in my projects.
Preferably PhotoEZ or StencilPRO (or others that are thick enough to be used as stencils alone, not necessarily having to mount it on a frame, allthough I'lll do with thin as well).

But as for now I still havn't found a place, which is the reason for me writing here :)

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
25% VAT is quite steep, your government is greedier than mine as We only pay 18%. However I,m sure you get better value than me since we get very little from our robbers. Ha.Ha.
Anyway have you tried to contact them and see if they have some sort of distributors in the EU.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
*heh* Unfortunately no, I don't feel i get more from my VAT money than you do... I'd gladly pay if i had a feeling it was worth mu mpney! ;) ...
I tried to call them a couple of times (both companys) but noone answered...

It seems to me though, that maybe i should just start out with Digital Transfer (see what papers i find that are the best for detailed artwork), since screenprinting without some sort of cappilary film seems like a long and bothersome process for just 1 or 2 t-shirts...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Joe: What would you rather recommend instead? For Digital transfer I still (what i understand so far) have to put in some investments in a A3 printer with durabrite inks (looking as CIS systems as well etc.), which I'm prepared to do.. But of course I'm trying to figure up a setup that won't be too expensive (I live in Europe) to start with and that can be as versatile as possible :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts