T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've made some PhotoEZ stencils which are all expected, exposed, rinsed, set etc.

However after using the stencils/sheets to do a screen printing it is necessary to rinse them in a bowl of water to remove the screen inks.

I am placing the sheet in a sink, with warm water and a small amount of washing up liquid, and leaving it to soak for about 10-20 minutes. I dont touch the tacky side of the sheet, only the mesh side.

I then gently rinse the sheet under a slow stream of cold water from the tap, and leave the sheet to dry on a couple of pieces of kitchen towel paper.

Once the sheet is dry, by holding it up to the light(window) it is evident that lots of tiny holes have appeared all over the sheet.

I can no longer use the sheet as ink will get through these holes. I have followed the instructions and these sheets are supposed to be re-usable, so what is the problem????

Do i have faulty sheets???

Any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks.:mad:

·
Administrator
14,483 Posts
After you first expose and rinse out a new sheet, are you hardening sheet in the sun to set the emulsion?

What type of ink are you using? If waterbased, why are you soaking them? Just rinse the ink and let dry without soaking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hardened them for several hours just to be certain they are dry.

I was following the instructions when letting them soak.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure why you see fit to be so aggressive with your response.

So you are saying that the instructions dont tell you to leave the screens in the light after developing them?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts