T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've just bought some PhotoEZ sheets and all the frames etc.

I am trying to develop some test pieces but am not having any luck. The included instructions say to expose it for just 30sec but then says this is based on a sunny day in San Francisco. (using black design printed onto transparency)

So, it being a warm but not particularly sunny day in London i cam to the conclusion that it must need longer exposure times. Thus i tried the following times:

1) 4 minutes - PhotoEZ paper had image burned on it in dark lines. Followed the soaking / water instructions but none of the sticky film came away. Just left black lines of the design on it.

2) Exposed for 1 minute - Yellow lines on film representing image i had on my transparency. No film came away until i rubbed it with a brush. This however removed more than just the design area.

3) Exposed for 2 minutes yellow lines on sheet were more obvious, but again nothing came away from the sheet until i gave it a good rub with a brush. This however didnt represent the design very well, and not as much film came away as readily as when exposed for 1 minute.

I am hoping someone with experience of the product might be able to give me some idea of what i am doing wrong. Am i over exposing it, even at just 1 minute on a not exactly sunny day?

Or is not exposed enough at 2 minutes?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks.:mad:

·
Registered
423 Posts
I would think you are over exposing . I would cut a sheet up for the tests , just expose at the recommended time and see what happens . UV can still be high on a overcast day . When I used the system I had the faint yellow lines on the sheets after exposure . Hope you get it sorted .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts