T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PHOTO-TRANS® ImageClip™ Paper - HP 4550 Printer Compatability

I'm new to the T-Shirt Forums. I am using an HP 4550 color laser printer as well as Epson and HP Ink Jets to produce transfers. I was on the Neenah Paper site yesterday reading about one of their latest transfer papers that is known to be compatible with certain Okidata color laser printers. I am hoping there is another forum member using the HP 4550 in their transfer work, specifically one who can tell me whether they have tried the PHOTO-TRANS® ImageClip™ Paper in their HP. I'm hoping to get an updated printer compatability list from Neenah Paper support today but in case there is anyone in this group who can give me the heads up faster, the feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Barb

·
Registered
205 Posts
Re: PHOTO-TRANS® ImageClip™ Paper - HP 4550 Printer Compatability

Barb, I know your post was back in May, but I too have a HP 4550. Did you ever find out if there is a transfer paper for our printers ? I have found none for OEM carts. Found a site that will sell you dye toners for the 4550. But if I am going to do that, I will buy a cheap Okidata.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Off the top of my head, I know I found the following papers from Coastal Business Supplies to be compatible with the HP 4550:
(1) Laser 1 OPAQUE Heat Transfer Paper
(2) Techni-Print Heat Transfer Paper
I got distracted from the research I was conducting back in May but know I have the Image-Clip and Mugs 'n More paper here. I will check my notes and get back to you on my findings on those in the next couple days.

Barb

·
Registered
205 Posts

Thanks a million Barb. Looking forward to your reply.

Checked out your web page, you are very talented.

·
Registered
191 Posts

I know this is old, but I am using a 4500 with generic toners and decent results so far. I did one test that's been washed a number of times.

I just printed 12 for an event.

Not a huge test but there ya go.

My only issue is the polymer sticking when I press the two sheets together, but I think that is a pressing issue, not a printing issue.

I was going to get rid of my OEM toners as they fade with Duracotton but now I think I'll toss them back in to see how they do with Imageclip.

HTH

Diane

·
Registered
4,806 Posts

I suggest that you try and get sample from Coastal Business that way you will have first hand experience with Imageclip. Email my contact Tracy Hudson [email protected]. She is very helpful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts