T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a text file with a chrome fx and a black background. i want to save it and put it into corel x3. i have saved it to a ps eps, when i get it into corel a have a big white box around it, it seems like its part of my outline layer, because when i go to delete it, it gets rid of some of the fx. i only have three layers
background which is black
my outline layer which shows transparent
and my text layer
i want to be able just to have the text with the lettering. i can email anybody the file if you can help

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nothing, i either lose parts of the image, or when i get the whole image i cant remove certain parts. i tried flatten it, i tried leaving it, i tried to delete the background layer, nothing worked:confused:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
When I export to EPS, I have all the boxes checked with 8 bit TIFF. It works fine with text, but with other items you'll have to make sure there's a vector mask I believe. Then I just drag n drop it into Corel and I'm able to ungroup and delete out the background and keep the text.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi!
It would be better if you can upload the design for us to see. A photoshop file.
When we save design as PSD and import into corel, all layers are intact and good and we can even delete out any layer that we do nto want. Also, even the name of each layer appears in Coreldraw in layer flyout.
Can you email us the file to see?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi!
Received your file. Unfortunately I do not have the font that you have in our system, at the moment.
We do see the same problem as you are. But you can click on each layer and convert each of the layers into SMART OBJECT. Once done, save the file as PSD and then take into CorelDraw.
:Dit worked.....thanks so much. greatly appreciated:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.