T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Kandy Richardson and I am a graphic designer that sees a need for PES files of my designs. I am wondering what the best product to buy is to create these files. I work in a vector software program.

Any idea's?

In Faith,
Kandy

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for responding to my query :cool:

I don't have an embroidery machine... am exploring purchasing something, but don't want to actually embroider nessecarily, just convert a vector file to PES (and/or JEF and/or HUS if possible). Do I have to purchase a machine to do this or is there a way I can just purchase the software?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In Faith,
Kandy

· Administrator
18,443 Posts
You could purchase software separately, but it can be expensive. $1,000+

Why don't you tell us exactly what you are trying to do. Is this just for one design? What will you use the pes file for if you don't embroider?

There are companies who will convert your vectors to sew files. Pricing starts at $15 per design.

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Joe,

I do alot of work on Etsy and see alot of requests for custom digital embroidery files. I am hoping to be able to assist these people in getting the appropriate digital file for embroidery while earning some money (to enhance my income via graphic design).

Does that help?

In Faith,
Kandy

· Administrator
18,443 Posts
I understand. Becoming a good digitizer takes time, training, and experience on an embroidery machine. It's really more than just buying and learning the software. You also need to know what type of material will be embroidered, how different stitches and designs work with that material, the users machine capabilities, etc.

Professional digitizing software can cost $1,000's of dollars, not just a $1,000. But it's really useless without training and real world experience on a machine.

Now, pes is a homebased embroidery solution, so your entry point will be lower than true professional digitizing software. Check out the Brother website for pricing. I believe their software is called PE Design.

· Registered
2,732 Posts
Most embroidery software programs can take vector shapes and create embroidery sections from them. Unfortunately, they don't stitch out very well... the automatically generated sections usually all stitch in the same direction, same fill parameters and no overlaps. When you still them out, there are usually gaps between the sections and the designs generally look 'flat'.

Most people digitize each section of a design manually so they can control the stitch directions, density, underlay and overlaps between each section. When you sew them out, there are no visible gaps between sections and using different stitch directions will make the design have more of a 3 dimensional effect on the garment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.