T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I want to say thank you before I even ask my question. Everyone here is so great and at least even one person always takes the time to stop and answer your question.

I am very new at what I am doing, but with a great forum such as this one (with people like Badulou and Decal_Design) I am seeing a little glimmer of light.
I am more interested in making personalized products for my customers.

The problem I am running into is telling them what format to e-mail me the digital pictures in. One person sent me a 3x2 picture that I was making as a gift, (no sales yet) and before I realized that I could not work with that I had already wasted many days trying to make it work wondering why it kept coming out blurry.

I need the exact wording to tell the clients how to send me the pictures and the size . Some of them may know the terminology, and others hardly anything, like myself.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Rodney, it is nice being welcomed twice.
I should save this post it might be worth something one day.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Hi Ana, it's me Lou This is what I placed on one of my webs.
When personalizing items we use the utmost care to meet your desires to the best of our ability, thus it is important that you take as much care in reading about the product you are ordering and giving us your personalization instructions. We cannot accept liability for incorrectly personalized items if your instructions were not reasonably clear.

Photos & Files - When supplied with less than perfect photographs and digital files, we will attempt to adjust your photo for its best output, however, we do not guarantee color or photo quality of output. Between scan, print and press, colors may shift. We cannot accept responsibility or returns unless we have made an obvious error. All digital pictures should be at least 400 pixels. We do not accept scanned images unless they are minimum of 600 DPI.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Lou or anyone else out there. I have the Corel Draw program.
Recently someone sent me a picture and the size is:
Width 21.3 - Height 28.4,(inches)
Resolution: 72 dpi
image size 9.00MB
I know the dpi should be at least 300 but how do I get them to send it to me that way. I normally just type in 300 for the dpi myself but what does that do?:confused:

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
With the filesize that large, and the print size over 20" at 72dpi, I'm guessing (without doing the calculations), that the image will print fine at 300dpi.

A good way to test is to just print the image out on a piece of regular paper at the size they want it printed. If it prints out ok, then you can probably transfer it without any image quality loss.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you Rodney. By the way I fell like a dummy asking this question but how do you post without going to the introductions section? I cannot find out how to do it and that is why I keep posting in the new section.:eek:

·
Registered
302 Posts
starprince said:
Thank you Rodney. By the way I fell like a dummy asking this question but how do you post without going to the introductions section? I cannot find out how to do it and that is why I keep posting in the new section.:eek:
Just go here (the T-Shirt Forums "root") and choose the appropriate forum/subforum for your question. Take a second and scroll down the entire page and note the different forums and their names. Most of your questions will probably go in the General T-Shirt Selling Discussion forum. :)

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/index.php?

Is that clear?

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Yep, like Phil said. Once you click on a Forum Subject like "General T-Shirt Selling Discussion" or "Heat Press", then you click on the
button in whichever section you want.

Just like you clicked that button in the Member Introductions area, there is a similar button in each of the other forum sections.

Here's a link that helps explain it as well:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_how_do_i_post_a_question

1 - 12 of 12 Posts