T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am having an issue when printing a certain mixed colour with permaset supercover. The colour is a bone white/yellow white/cream. I mix it with supercover white, yellow and black. When I cure the ink, it goes a really nasty yellowish colour. I am not curing it above the recommended 160 degrees. It seems to be ok if I keep it at below 120 degrees. It is happening on all substrates, and it is worst on hoodies. Any advice and insight would be very appreciated; I've just botched my last job with this.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Hmmm, not sure.

I've printed with the pure yellow, but not tried to make a pale cream mix as you describe. I have mixed other colors to get bubblegum pink, various browns/tans, orange, gray, etc. It always looks a bit different while wet, as does paint and all else, so I'd adjust your mix until it looks right cured.

Why the black? I would not guess that as a component ... it's basically adding yellow to a light gray. I would think starting with a touch of brown (green + red) would be the way to get started on an off white, cream. I wouldn't use PhotoShop as inspiration for mixing real world pigments, as unlike in PhotoShop, black pigments are not simply the lack of other colors, but the presence of all, and no pigment black is absolutely neutral.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts