T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working with my plastisol heat transfer and I believe my paper is hot split. I have made the transfer using a t-shirt screen that is already set up. When I press it (375 for 15 sec) I peel it and the image isn't completely opaque and I have lots of ink on the paper. Should I increase pressure, temperature, or do I just need a thicker ink?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
You may want to move this to the screenprinting forum and you should include more details such as size mesh, brand and type of ink, how long you are curing, type of paper. It has been fifteen years or more since I made transfers, wish I could be more help. I do remember we used to sprinkle some crystalline powder on the transfers but I don't remember what the powder was called. Another good resource that people often forgot to do is calling the ink manufacturer and asking their recommendations.

·
Registered
55 Posts
When you print the ink to the paper, what is your temp and approximate dwell time?

it sounds like you might be going a little further than the gel cure that you need and closer to a full cure.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I don't know if this'll help you, but many stock plastisol transfers are recommended to be pressed at 390 for 8-10 seconds.

In addition, I've found I have better results if I wait to peel the paper back - I don't peel as soon as possible - wait 10-15 seconds.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
If it is hot peel or hot split peel right after press. Start with a temp of 400 and a 10 second dwell. You can also press wipe quickly with a cloth the back of the transfer paper and peel asap. More info on inks as suggested would probably help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts