T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This caught my eye in the latest Impressions newsletter in my email, and I didn't notice it mentioned here yet.

It's a tool to help align various types of heat transfers (vinyl, plastisol, ink jet etc) onto the blank t-shirts. It's pretty cool actually and may be handy for certain kinds of alignments like multiple transfers onto one shirt, or large quantities where they better be all the same placement.

The video is worth watching to really show how it works. I think it's a little pricey, but it still might make a good tool to own.

http://www.perfecttransfers.com/default.asp?id=1

Just so you know, I don't have anything to do with them. Just passing on the info so you can see it. :)

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
I think saw it mentioned a while back in one of the older threads about positioning transfers on the press. Josh at imprintables warehouse sells it on their site.

I saw it in action at the NBM Printwear tradeshow a few months back. Attached are some photos I took of it.

I don't press transfers, but it looked like a pretty handy tool

Attachments

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
I am the inventor of the Perfect Transfers Tool and just recently responded with a length response on the other post to the questions that I have received recently from the members of this message board. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me directly at
Sincerely,

Mark Bagley
Inventor of Perfect Transfers Tool

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have always attributed my failure to allign graphics on shirts to my lack of height/perspective since I'm in a wheelchair. However after reading some posts, it seems to be a common problem. When I saw this tool, it was a no brainer.
I bought one of these at the NBM Printwear tradeshow a few weeks ago. I have yet to use it. However, the demonstration given by they guy (sorry I forgot his name) at Paper Ranch was excellent. I hope it was a good $85 investment. I'll post results.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased the tool at the ISS show and used it. It is more time consuming than my usual method. It was a good idea though. I could have found a better use for my $85.00. I called the P.R. to see about returning it or exchanging it for a different product. That was in July. I'm still awaiting a return call.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
I use the finger method tho measure how far down from the neck to place the transfer, customers like to try it too,.... the finger method. :D

neet idea though.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
DeEstella,

Sorry to hear that you don't feel that you got the value you expected from The Perfect Transfers Tool. I would recommend contact The Paper Ranch again to see if they can do something for you.

I want everyone to know that I (and hopefully none of my distributors) have marketed this product as the answer to improving everyone's production speed. Some people are completely fine with or are deadly accurate with eye-balling the graphic on a heat press platten. Others need some assistance. This Tool is much like a HoopMaster Hooping Board for embroidery. There are several people that have been in the business long enough that can hoop a shirt by hand much faster than using any hooping board. Others find these tools extremely valuable and provide the added assurance that the graphic is being targeted in the precise place.

I developed the Perfect Transfers Tool as a product focused on the new businesses entering our industry or for when a company brings someone new in (like in my case). I also have personally found it very beneficial when doing events (tournaments, art shows,...) as well because it is not the ideal working conditions with lights and table space. I am a business person like everyone else in the industry and I try to be upfront with everyone I do business.

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,

Mark Bagley

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Although I do not have one of these yet, I think it would be a great tool for doing quantity work. Eye balling a single shirt, or even several shirts with the same design that are going to different people is one thing, but doing a quantity of shirts with the same design for the same person is another. Exact placement on each shirt is important, and I think this tool would be a big help in that area of production.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I found his videos on Youtube and got interested in this product.
However all three of the sites he mentions dont seem to have it, and I prefer to order from Coastal's.
No taxes thru them for one and I need to order some opaque paper.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I found his videos on Youtube and got interested in this product.
However all three of the sites he mentions dont seem to have it, and I prefer to order from Coastal's.
No taxes thru them for one and I need to order some opaque paper.
you didn't look hard enough, here it is at the paper ranch.
http://www.thepaperranch.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?Search=Yes&sppp=200

Coastal sells the t-square it now.
Transfer Paper, Heat Press, Heat Transfer Vinyl, Sublimation - Coastal Business - Search.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Your link is bad. "An error occured please restart shopping".

Already have a Tee-square. This looks better.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I have tested this before. I agree that it helps someone that does not have the "eyeballing" down line up transfers properly.

That said, I found the price tag too high, and it always troubled me having plastic under a hot heat press.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I just use the Embroider's Buddy, a handy little backwards "L" shaped ruler with marks for each size. Line it up at the shoulder for the correct size and then line the backwards "L" part with the correlating correct size to the center. Simple. You can buy them online at embroidery supply houses or at your local sewing/embroidery store.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts