T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://wwHi Guys & Gals! Just a quick hello and intro.
A tee lover, wearer, collector and maker I'm really glad to have stumbled across this place. I've just launched a Tee project named for, designed by and catering to People Like Us.
Check it out here : www.peoplelikeuscollective.com
Would love to hear your thoughts!

Hope to speak to you all soon,

- J

·
2,957 Posts
people like us said:
http://wwHi Guys & Gals! Just a quick hello and intro.
A tee lover, wearer, collector and maker I'm really glad to have stumbled across this place. I've just launched a Tee project named for, designed by and catering to People Like Us.
Check it out here : www.peoplelikeuscollective.com
Would love to hear your thoughts!

Hope to speak to you all soon,

- J
Hello, and welcome!

I took a look at your site, and some things stood out to me right away. First of all, the intro page.:( I hate it when I get to a site and before I'm actually able to see anything I have to "ENTER"! Also, you are in the business of selling t-shirts. Don't forget that. People come to your site, hopefully, to buy what you have to offer. That is their main reason for being there. Don't put things in the way. You want me to be able to see your shirts as soon as possible. Or at least something that lets me know that I'm at a site that I "want" to be at. I say get rid of the intro page altogether.;)

Secondly, is something that is a pet peeve of mine and may not really bother others as much. But when I go to a website and see grammatical errors, it REALLY stands out to me. Again this may be just me, and I could be putting too much emphasis on it. When I went to your “About” page, this is the first sentence:

People Like Us are a Sydney based clothing label that aims to expose the work of young graphic designers to a global audience through our range of limited edition guys’ and girls’ t-shirts.

People Like Us” is singular, not plural. It is “one” (1) company. Therefore your sentence should begin: People Like Us “is” a Sydney based clothing label… I know, I may be just a little too picky, but I just think if you are taking the time to put a store on the internet, that you want to be professional as possible and that every detail counts, including using correct grammar. When I see a site that wants me to spend my money on that doesn’t make sure that they have used correct grammar or have misspelled words, I am very leery of giving them my money. Just my 2 cents!

Overall, I think you design and layout is pretty well done. I was expecting to be able to click the images on the Home page, though, and be taken to a separate page with those images on it.

Again, welcome, and I hope that I haven't been to much of a pain!;) :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mr Swingin, thank you for your comments. All taken on board. As much f a stickler for grammer as you, i'm not sure how we let that one slip, but rest assured its ammended and all is well. We've only been online for a matter of hours, and in the coming weeks we'll find ot whats working and whats not and adjust the site as needed.
Thanks again!

People Like Us - Sweeter than a candied yam.

·
2,957 Posts
Wow! Quick work! I was trying not to be too hard. I know how hard it is to get everything just the way you want it. I'm currently in the process of getting my site up and running. Considering you have only been up for a couple of hours, I'd say great job!

You may want to add a link to your site in your signature. That way people will be able to see it whenever you post.

What do you think about getting rid of the "Intro" page?

·
Registered
192 Posts
It's odd that the shirt images are not clickable on your second-level page (after the Intro page - I agree on this comment: waste of visitor's time to have this). Even more odd to click on Shirts and be presented with pretty much the same visual as that second-level page, but suddenly the shirt images are clickable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts