T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just bought a HIX HT600 and Bestblanks transfer paper. I have an old Epson (880), so I'm using standard Epson ink.
I am trying to print a very small image (4" by 3") on thin, infant shirts. setting: 375 for 10 seconds.
Problem: help!!
I am seeing some "melting"-like peel issues. Most of the transfer comes out nicely. Yet, in the center area, it looks shiny/bubbly (like a skin ailment) that sometimes comes off w/the peel transfer.
What am I doing wrong?!
help, I've gone through too many shirts.
LindaLu

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
This one is a little tough. A lot of factors could be involved. My initial thoughts are that you are getting uneven pressure when applying and the center of your design isn't getting as much heat. In order to fix this, try to raise the print area. Right now, the seams are disrupting your even pressure. In order to raise the print area, you will need a teflon pillow to slip inside of the shirt or you can try to cut out a piece from a thick cardboard box and thread that inside of your shirt. If that doesn't work, give a holler back and we'll dig deeper.

·
Registered
16 Posts
change some variables..
I had a similar problem with a whole package of Transfers i purchased.. I stored them in the wrong place.. (near the oven.. lol.. my work space is right next to the kitchen.. LOL.. )
anywhoo.. i kept having problems with the transfers.. after a time i realized it was the transfers themselves.
what u might want to do .. is swing thru to Staples.. (ok i know we are professionals and not supposed to buy our stuff retail.. but u know..work wit me.. lol) they have a 4X6 cut out opaque and regular peel transfers.. u can use them for the baby tee's looks better then tryna cut them out yourself. and u get a fresh set of transfers to test on your shirts.
if u still notice bubbling.. that might mean u have a moisture problem if u are using an iron remove the water from it and turn off the steam.
if u are using a heat press ... i don't even know what to tell u other than to make sure the moisture is not in the shirt.. (which is possible)
check u're surfaces too.. they might be producing moisture.. ie wood cloth
just go thru your variables.. and eliminate each one so that u know it isn't a whole rack of things.. don't use anymore t-shirts that u are trying to sell..

good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts