T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok almost everything is done, i have the designs i have a wholesaler, screenprinter ready! and the website is designed and ready...

I'm marketting the shirts to young ethiopians in the US

i'm ready to buy the shirts...i'm starting w/ 3 designs one desgn in 2 colors...

i now how many i want to print in each design... but i have know idea, absolutely no idea... what percentage of the shirts needs to be in small medium large and x large...and 2 x large

PS i'm getting american apparel shirts, if that helps... and you know ethiopian ladies most of them are small...

ok any suggestions... i know that there are shirts that mostly guys wear and girls wear...but a rough estimate might help me out thanks...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you tros... that helps
initially i was thinking
small 25%
medium 7.5%
large 45%
xtra large 25%
xx large 2.5%

so do you think this is way off. do i need more xx larges and meduimms??

aokusman!
hey my site is going to be www.bernos.org... except the main part is not up till i get the printing...

i've also created a a blog inside..and started to build traffic...

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
As people have said above, it depends on who you're aiming at and the sort of designs your making etc.

However, why have you chosen so few medium? Certainly in the UK and Oz, medium and large are my two biggest sellers (maybe even medium the biggest). Small is a tiny seller (as, at least in unisex shirts, most people buying small are women, and I have a alternative women's cut which they buy instead). XL sells a few, and XXL I have never sold.

Although my circle of reference for young Ethiopians is quite small (ok, only three people, two guys in the UK and a girl in Oz), I got the impression that the average Ethiopian body frame is generally tall and a thin to medium build. Given that height, I would have thouht your market would be weighted in the medium large range (and small to medium for girls).

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
actually the right calculation came out like this..that was my intial plan...

20 small
10 meduim
45 large
20 x large

no xxl- do u think i should decrease the large and increase the medium!

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
The probelm is, you can't really tell your market until you're selling in your market...a bit of a Catch 22.

I don't think it would hurt to knock down you large (or xl) by 5 and bump the medium by 5.

But then, you might have your market perfectly guessed...and I don't want to throw your numbers...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok thanks...one of the problems is that - i'm buying from american apparel and if you buy in dozen increments its cheaper... since i'm spending almost 4 dollars a shirt to buy, i dont want to increase the cost by buying in singles...

another thing is that i'm pretty sure that almost all the girls that i would sell too would buy small ..in guys sizes... no meduims..

my shirts are going to be marketed to people from 16-28..i'm pretty sure most older ethiopians would not be interested in my designs....especially woman..

anyways i have no idea..:confused:. i'm jump in the pool with out testing the water..;)

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
That's sometimes the only way you can do it :)

Even if the numbers are off, they'll sell eventually, and you'll know for next time.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
monkeylantern said:
That's sometimes the only way you can do it :)

Even if the numbers are off, they'll sell eventually, and you'll know for next time.
lets just hope they will sell..
thanks for your input

1 - 11 of 11 Posts