T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have decided to intitailly use paypal for my t-shirt site. While it wasn't my first choice for a lot of reasons I choose to use it to save a little money up front. I've got a few questions for anyone using paypal to process shirt sales; Have you found it easy to use and have your customers been satisfied with it?

Also, my web site designer said he needs full access to my paypal account to set up my site. I do have a merchant account with paypal and I am a bit hesitant to give someone I don't really know access to my paypal merchant site. I guess my question is, what kind of access does he need to set up the paypal cart on my site? I thought he could just link to it using the email address I use for that account. Could someone help me to understand this a bit more... I really appreciate it.

Thanks so much. This is a great place for t-shirt lovers!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Rodney, I have to tell you that I am not a fan of paypal. Whenever I have sold items on ebay I simply won't accept paypal, only check or money order. They are a bit to avaricious and difficult to work with. This approach, however, just doesn't work for t-shirt sales which are often impulse purchases.

Sadly, I am pretty much at the mercy of otheres when it comes to being conversant with programming and having a fluid understanding of what is involved. This is my first foray into ecommerce and I know I'm going to make mistakes but I'm sure hoping to keep that to a minimum in terms of time and expense. Can you give me a bit of direction insofar as exploring some of the other options you mentioned... or is it as simple as going on the appropriate web sites?

I am happily pleased to have discovered this site and its wealth of friendly and helpful kindred souls... it's really great.
Thanks,
Tribecat

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow, I have received a wealth of information in response to my original post. I am really pleased for all the great input. I am going to check out paypal pro and see what that's all about.
Regarding giving my webdesigner access to my paypal account so he can match up the styles of shirts for checkout, it still seems a bit weird to me, after all, it is linked to my biz checking. Heck, I wouldn't even give my wife that info...
tribecat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.