T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using direct payment bank transfers to receive payment online? via SMS.

If so, how does it work?

Any other types? beyond credit card payments online, paypalo etc...?

Danke. :)

:

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
I've received (and sent) ACH or wire transfer payments to different countries. Not via SMS though.

I've also used emoneygram for sending some payments, but you have to do more "fraud protection" on your end if you're going to use that method.

Also, there's the old fashioned money order or postal order.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've received (and sent) ACH or wire transfer payments to different countries. Not via SMS though.
yeah, been trying to figure this whole SMS payment thing. :confused:

from what I know so far, you set up a payment page on the site, display your IBAN (international banking number) and the buyer pays directly from their bank account to your IBAN. To complete and comfirm the transaction, the bank sends the buyer a SMS to the buyers cell phone with a code for extra security. All in real time.

Great for international global payments. I know it works from Canada banks to all Europe countries and vise versa. Is it live in USA banks yet? ...I mean, even Obama ....."SMS": TelecomTV - TelecomTV One - News

...thats all i know about it.:)

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
I don't think the US has adapted SMS functionality as much as the rest of the world. There are some tasks you can do via SMS at most banks, but you would probably need to do some research to find one that had SMS bank transfers.

I'm sure it's out there though somewhere :)

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think the US has adapted SMS functionality as much as the rest of the world.
also, the marketing thing via SMS is something not to be ignored too. ....growing global.

“Today, 116 million US mobile subscribers (52 per cent of subscribers) actively use text messaging, making it a new mass medium for marketing efforts.”

...from the Obama article above.

:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts