T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a question about patent's. If I were interested in putting a picture on my t-shirts for example a picture of Ronald Regan with the words "vote democrat" under it, is this legal, can someone sue me? Also where can I go to get detailed information regarding patent's and what can and can not be used on my t-shirts.

thanks.

· Registered
1,435 Posts
Patents are for inventions, you're looking for information about copyrights. I believe the standing is: political figures give up the right to sue for using their image when they become public figureheads. However, the photograph you use is considered the work of whomever took that photo, so you would need their permission for use. If you took the photo yourself, I do not think there would be any issues.

As always, advice given here should not be considered legal advice and you should contact an IP or copyright lawyer before you actually produce a work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.