T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a circle logo that I have embroidered on flats but now the customer is asking for hats. This design has small text and will not sew out well on hats. I am thinking that I need patches. This is a first for me. What do you use to apply the patches and where do your get them made? Any helpful info is welcome!

·
Registered
9,202 Posts
Generally patches are made with tackle twill and then glue is applied to the back and then cut out. You can then either sew it on or glue it on or both.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! Is the glue that is applied to the backing enough or should I sew it also? This is probably something I should know but does the patch also come with a tack down stitch template of some sort?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Do you know how to applique? Fortunately we have a laser so when we do patches we pre-cut the tackle twill with our laser. Then we hoop 2 layers of plastic sheathing, run a outline stitch, then lay the twill on the outline and sew out the design. Once they are done they simply pop off the sheathing. Then we press on the heat transfer material (also laser cut) then the patches are ready to be applied. The nice thing about doing it this way is there is no manual cutting/hot knife involved.

·
Registered
9,202 Posts
We always sew them down as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am going to give it a try. I have had this order for a while and on top of my to do list. I REALLY appreciate the help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hola, saludos, casi no hago parches, pero he vsto que aqui en mi pais se usa un producto en serigrafia que se llama poliamida, es un polvo que se adhiere muy bien en la prenda, se usa un poco de adhesivo en spray, luego se le pon la poliamida y con la pancha de calor se pega.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts