T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've started applying heat transfers (JPSS) to light coloured (pastel colours) garments. The garments are 100% cotton. I use inkjet printer with pigment ink. My results printing on white fabric are fantastic but I'm not entirely happy with the results on these pastel coloured fabrics.

I'm happy enough with the way the colours are coming out on the light yellow garment but on the pink and blue garments, the colour of the garment it is having quite a big effect on the colours of the transfer.

The transfers are nowhere near as vibrant as they normally are, I thought JPSS would be able to handle light coloured garments?

I'm pressing at 190c for 30 seconds, with heavy pressure and peeling whilst hot.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to how I can improve this??

Maybe pressing for longer than 30 seconds? Or even a different kind of paper??

Thanks again,

Sean.

Attachments

· Registered
3,906 Posts
When they say light pastels, they mean light. Your pink and blue are dark pastels. The background color does affect the print and the only way to get around that is to use the paper designed for dark fabric.

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When they say light pastels, they mean light. Your pink and blue are dark pastels. The background color does affect the print and the only way to get around that is to use the paper designed for dark fabric.
Thanks.

I've been looking a little more into this and figured this might be the case.

I'm looking at jet opaque II and 3G Jet opaque transfer paper but I'm struggling to work out what the difference between them is? Apart from the price.

· Registered
3,906 Posts
I have no idea. I've never used heat transfers for darks before. The transfers are 2 stage, one of which is a white layer. That layer needs to be weeded out of the transfer before pressing it or you will end up with a white square with a design inside of it. Not too pretty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.