T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Since it's a 99dogs shop I really can't make any important changes to the shop's look or layout, but I'd like to know what you guys think about the parodies...

Which one(s) do you like most? Least?

Any constructive feedback would be great :)

BTW, in case some of you have sigs turned off, the shop's URL is http://store.99dogs.com/ovejanegra/

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
blackSheep77 said:
I'd like to know what you guys think about the parodies...
I'm not enamored of them, but I'm not generally a fan of corporate logo parodies - I'm definitely not your target audience, so my opinion isn't particularly relevant.

(even when corporate parodies are negative they feel like too much of a celebration of the corporations they mock to me - I prefer to damn them by ignoring them)

blackSheep77 said:
Which one(s) do you like most? Least?
Least: WTF Monday
Most: Starschmuck, Junkees

blackSheep77 said:
Any constructive feedback would be great :)
It may not be possible due to filesize restrictions, etc. but if you can clean up the zoomed in images so they look less scraggly that would be good. They don't look very neat, and if I were a customer I'd be worried that the final product would look just as messy.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Solmu said:
(even when corporate parodies are negative they feel like too much of a celebration of the corporations they mock to me - I prefer to damn them by ignoring them)
Hmmm... that's an interesting take on that; never looked at it that way, but I can see your point. Ironically, what I've encountered while showing the parodies to people is that most people seem more preoccupied about whether the companies are gonna sue me, and many times I really get the sensation that they're actually on the companies' side!

Solmu said:
Least: WTF Monday
Most: Starschmuck, Junkees
That's good feedback, thanks :)

Solmu said:
It may not be possible due to filesize restrictions, etc. but if you can clean up the zoomed in images so they look less scraggly that would be good. They don't look very neat, and if I were a customer I'd be worried that the final product would look just as messy.
I know what you mean, and it's a bummer, 'cause that's something I'm unable to change, since it's part of the way 99dogs have their stores setup; I'm sure that must be one of the primary reasons for my low sales. Just for that reason I'll probably have to go with Cafepress or Spreadshirt.
Nonetheless, I can tell you that the designs were made using a vector program, and their quality, both in resolution and workmanship, is excellent; it took me a long time to make all of them.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
P.S. Another problem with my store is the layout of the catalogs (something else that's pretty much carved in stone); I think many visitors are not noticing that there are 10 catalogs with over 100 parodies, and only notice the six parodies on the homepage.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
blackSheep77 said:
I think many visitors are not noticing that there are 10 catalogs with over 100 parodies, and only notice the six parodies on the homepage.
Yeah, I didn't. I thought there might be more so I had a quick scan, but I didn't notice anything so I assumed there was just the six.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well firstly.. even though you cannot get to change the code.. and look of the site.. u might have to make some adjustments to the way you present the garments ..

i am trying to figure out why i didn't even care about your work.. (and that's no disrespect bro!!) for some reason i couldn't focus on your work..

nothing popped.. and when i looked at the design.. it almost seemed.. i dunno.. take a step back.. and look.. find what's missing.. i am not sure what to say or how to direct u on that one.. but i just feel like something is missing..

go to a phatfarm or a SeanJohn type of site.. granted they have all sorts of engines and programmers running the site.. but there are some very basic methods that they are using that u might be able to incorporate into your site.

or even better maybe to just use that site as a portal to SELL the shirts.. so it doesn't become the begining and end of your customers web experience with u.

again i think what concerned me most is that u didn't become competition i need to catch up with.. even though.. with that site .. u're ahead of what i'm doing online.. u dig.. I am going to tool around with that site.. try to do a mock up.. see if i can locate what it seems like your missing..

hopefully we can learn from each other and get this thing pumpping

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whoa! It's great to hear from you, Kool Kim! Welcome to the forums :)

I think I know what you mean about how the garments are presented; first thing I need to do is put up a shop that I can actually make changes to, because in this one the most I can do is change the color scheme and stuff like that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
yeah. i can dig it.. and that's a killer.. i wonder if u can do something like add html to the fields they give u to input info.. u know like how u can use an editor on www.myspace.com.. and then change the whole look of your individual page?!?..
let's try that out and see what's good.
Also .. don't be so quick to just abandone that site.. u put in good work and it is functional..
when I worked at MCI Worldcomm.. i learned that real well... in big business.. they never waste things.. not the way we waste time and money.. they have all the dough and all the time and manpower and yet they are sticklers about trashing something that doesn't quite work for them..

Tell u what.. i am going to start working on that page today.. and then we can just compare notes.. get this thing popping..

if we all stick together in this.. we can do a lot collectively and individually

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see what you mean about waste; but still, I think it would take more time and energy to try and do something with this store -if something can indeed be done with it- than to start all over with a new one; I would leave this one up though, because I've already promoted it a lot.

BTW, thanks for the tip about HTML; I didn't know that was how people messed with their MySpace pages. Unfortunately, although I really don't know much about HTML, I doubt 99dogs has any loopholes anyone can use in that sense.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You'll be surprised bro.. truly.. in fact i already startred putting the page together on 99dogs.. and i am already running into trouble with it.. it isn't laid out as well as it should have been
But i have been filling a rack of orders for the season so i put it on hold.. soon as New Years is over i can get back to my developmental work.

we'll get this straightened out..
you know.. i sit here thinking.. these sorts of resources must be working for SOMEBODY.. and i want it to be ME.. lol.. u know.. like when u hear them Ebay stories.. and it's like..damn how he blow like that.. I want to have one of those stories. .. LOL

·
Registered
283 Posts
I think that your ideas are fine. I have seen alot of company parodies shirts that sell well so go for it. Soon you will see which designs are hot and which ones are not. Good luck.
P.S." By the way, what software did you use to make the emblems???"

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanx, Tenacious :)

I traced the logos, and made the modifications, in Flash; they are really well done, if I do say so myself; the images on the site don't look sharp though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts