T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. A quick question for those with vinyl cutting experience. I recently cut out a design using my Roland GX-24 cutter (using DuraCut from Imprintables Warehouse), and the paper kind of jammed/ripped, and ruined the cut completely. Do you think this is an issue of too much pressure, a dull blade (the blade is still relatively new), or something else?

Just before I had the DuraCut paper tear, I cut another design using vinyl (Spectra Cut II from Imprintables Warehouse), and had no problems. The vinyl was on a roll, while the Duracut was a 18"x14" sheet if that makes a difference.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm hesitant to cut another design for fear of ruining another sheet of DuraCut. ThanX!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MotoskinGraphix said:
I have a Roland cutter. I cut heat press vinyl at 110 and regular sign vinyl at 75 to 80. Is Dura cut like a sheet of plastisol ink or is it vinyl?
Yup, the DuraCut is an ink-based pruduct delivered in sheet (18x14) form. I've cut it once before with no problems, but I may have switched the cutter settings since then.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
We do outdoor events selling decals, fullside car graphics and T-shirts. I am constantly changing pressure settings...I hate it when I forget to reset the pressure or didnt reverse the design for heatpress vinyl.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
bac said:
Yup, the DuraCut is an ink-based pruduct delivered in sheet (18x14) form. I've cut it once before with no problems, but I may have switched the cutter settings since then.
Is that dura-cut material pretty good to work with? I may have a sample around here somewhere but have never really used it. Any info you could share would be great.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MotoskinGraphix said:
Is that dura-cut material pretty good to work with? I may have a sample around here somewhere but have never really used it. Any info you could share would be great.
It is very easy to weed, and the end-result is softer, and a bit thinner than with vinyl. I wouldn't say it's quite as good as a plastisol transfer, but it's getting close. I really like DuraCut with the exception of this tearing problem. I'm going to play around with my pressure settings to see if that's the problem. They only come in sheets (no rolls) - so that's a bit of a disadvantage. It's also more expensive than most vinyls.

FYI, I just did a test with Imprintables' Spectrcut Elasticut with excellent results. The hand is really soft, and feels very much like a screenprint, or a plastisol transfer. It was much more difficult to weed, though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts