T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey,
im using the neenah 9770 paper, but as you can see from the arrow on the picture, the cooler is not sticking. have with a lot of different settings: time, pressure and how fast im peeling. whats wrong? its vector. It does this with many very light colors/pastel?

· Registered
179 Posts
I wasn't describing your problem I was telling you why it was happening. Imageclip emulsion only covers where there is toner, on very light or pastel colours the emulsion doesn't 'see' any toner, no emulsion - no transfer.

As for the solution you said it yourself, for prints with pastel or very light colours try a different paper. :p

You might want to look at techni-print by Neenah or TTC by Magic Touch.

· Registered
4,816 Posts
Hey,
im using the neenah 9770 paper, but as you can see from the arrow on the picture, the cooler is not sticking. have with a lot of different settings: time, pressure and how fast im peeling. whats wrong? its vector. It does this with many very light colors/pastel?
Where is the picture?

If your artwork is very light Imageclip laser light will not work because it needs at 40% or more toner density so that the polymer from the green (polymer) sheet will transfer to the red (image) sheet. I use Imageclip Inkjet light for photo, gradient and very light color artwork. The image is printed directly on the polymer. Therefore the ink stays on the polymer sheet. Unlike the laser version the image is printed on the image sheet then the polymer is transferred to the image sheet to weed out unwanted polymer. You need laser printed mask to weed out the unwanted polymer for the inkjet version.

Both versions of Imageclip are very good for pastel shirts. No polymer window issue. Just have to choose the version for type of artwork. Deep color, 40% or more toner density for the laser version and inkjet version has no limitations inherent to laser version.The inkjet version works on any type of artwork. The problem you might run into is inkjet printer is prone to clogging.

· Registered
4,816 Posts
neilb , thanks, ill look into those. but they are not for dark fabric, right? what i noticed

Lnfortun , [media]http://oi42.tinypic.com/zqzk9.jpg[/media] <- thats the image.
IMAGE CLIP® Inkjet is made for "White & Light" fabric. What will you the do, to get pastel on dark fabric?
And thanks for your help. appriciate it!
The image is on light fabric. Imageclip for inkjet will have no problem transferring the image with that fabric color if you are going to use light or slightly dark fabric. I will never use Imageclip for dark nor Koncert T after wasting my money in trying both transfer for dark unless Neenah make improvement on the transfers. If cost is not an issue try WOW 7.1 from The Magic touch. It even transfers white for full color design. It is pricey, $5.00 a pair. Works like Imageclip for dark except it will transfer white unlike Imageclip for dark. I may use inkjet opaque for friends and family but not for paying customer. Blue grid opaque is for inkjet but I print on it with laser printer. I contour cut and weed excess material. You have to trim it by hand if you don't have a vinyl cutter.

Here is the link to the thread about Imageclip for inkjet light: http://www.t-shirtforums.com/heat-press-heat-transfers/t71144.html

There is a photo in page 2, post 25 (http://www.t-shirtforums.com/p429657-post25.html) which can not be done with Imageclip for laser light because the flesh tones are very light.

· Registered
4,816 Posts
Again thanks, you are saving me a lot of time.

So WOW 7.1 is a solution for dark fabric, but isnt there others(pastel)? else i would just have to use that, for the once that has pastel..
mgparrish said Inkjet flex is the best opaque that he had ever tested and sold transferred on the shirt. He also said it does not crack but, you have to contour cut it. It is made for inkjet but, I have printed the original brand (Ironall) with laser printer. I would imagine Inkjet Flex (Re-branded Iron All) can still be printed with laser printer.

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mgparrish said Inkjet flex is the best opaque that he had ever tested and sold transferred on the shirt. He also said it does not crack but, you have to contour cut it. It is made for inkjet but, I have printed the original brand (Ironall) with laser printer. I would imagine Inkjet Flex (Re-branded Iron All) can still be printed with laser printer.
ye, im only interested in selfweeding/'no cutting needed' at the moment. but will still have a look on it

· Registered
6,573 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.