T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I probably have quite a few questions on this topic, but first, which program would be better to use for design purposes...Paintshop or Adobe Illustrator?

I know both have learning curves, but which would be a better buy for t shirt graphic designs.

Has anyone found online tutorials...geared for graphic designs using any of these programs.

thanks
cotton

·
Registered
140 Posts
I chose Illustrator over Paint because it came with the Creative Suite I got....:)
I can't really compare it to paint because i've never used paint. I can say that if you get illustrator, get a copy of Illustrator in a classroom as it GREATLY reduced the learning curve.

Goodluck on your decision!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sarafina,

Thanks, guess I will search for some Illustrator forums or tutorials on the web.

and Jay...
I'll definitely send you an email if I come up with something.

cotton

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have used Paint Shop Pro for drawing vector type graphics. For Photoshop it's good if you will be working with photos type stuff but not for drawing. You would instead need something like Illustrator instead of Photoshop if you will be drawing anything.

I recently discovered Xara which used to be sold by Corel Draw. It's awesome and i have turned out some awesome stuff with it. It's faster on your PC than the other graphics softwares and it does vector type drawing well and you can also do photo manipulation of you wish so you get the best of both worlds.

I have the Xara Xtreme Standard Version Web Graphics Software by Xara

They have a large forum based to help with problems and great tutorials.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts