T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a good, cheap or free paint simulation program or maybe a set of photoshop actions that will do what I need?

What I want to do is take graphics that I've already done and process them to look sort of like a Leroy Neiman style of painting, if you don't know who he is, he does sports art (mostly) in real wild, vivid colors.

I have Corel Painter Essentials 4 but it can't do exactly what I want it to do. Unless there are plugins or extra brushes for it.

Or if anyone knows a way to acheive this look manually with different effects in photoshop that might be helpful also.

Thanks!
Attaching a Leroy Neiman piece so you can see the effect I'm trying to achieve.

Attachments

· Registered
1,371 Posts
I would use Painter X. I honestly never "got" Leroy, I dig pastels and light effects. Amazing how yesterdays avaunt guard is today's ho hum average. Well to quote Hank Jr., "I'm a dinosaur I should have died out a long time ago". Heyyyyy... wasn't Leroy hot in the 70"s? lol :)

Reactions: Islandfever

· Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would use Painter X. I honestly never "got" Leroy, I dig pastels and light effects. Amazing how yesterdays avaunt guard is today's ho hum average. Well to quote Hank Jr., "I'm a dinosaur I should have died out a long time ago". Heyyyyy... wasn't Leroy hot in the 70"s? lol :)
Would love to get Painter X, just don't have the xtra $$ right now for that. Yeah, Leroy was a big thing in the 70's, I have an idea or several that I think a similar style would work for. Maybe not so 'edgy' and maybe not even so vivd, just some colors in a scene that normally wouldn't be there -with an 'oil paint brush' effect/texture. Maybe I'll try getting the texture with my Painter Essentials and getting the color variables with hue/sat in P'shop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.