T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a P600 DTG from GB DTG. They will not reply to any emails, i purchased my printer in february, i used there contact button on the top of there page last night and today they have taken it off today so i cant get them to repair it so im a little unsure what to do which is why i am asking for help here :) The printer has worked great and i have a strong business going but the other night on the last print of the day it was making a wierd noise when it was printing and i noticed the print came out like this . its doubling the print

I turned the machine off for the night next day turned on printed about 6/7 T-Shirts then same again on the next print, then the next print was ok, then the print after it was realy bad and gave me error 0x01, turned it back on then it worked ok for a few more prints then same again and i turned it off.

So this morning i turned it on printed 3 t-shirts then it happened a little on the next print, sometimes its minor but still enough to have to waste the shirt. Today whilst it was happening i noticed it was when the timing belt is doing this in the video....

soon as it starts doing that the print is off like in the first photo. But the werd thing is like i said i can print a few and then sometimes i cant. I think it's the tension on the timing belt because it does say that in error 0x01 and i did get that once in the last few days but another guy tells me if the tension was wrong i wouldnt be able to print the ones i am? But it seems when it does that in the video the print head jolts which is why it must print off where it should be? it cant be print head alignment due to being able to print ok and it always has printed ok, if i got the 0x01 error once in the last few days then surely its something from what is below causing my issue in the video? Does anyone have any ideas thanks :)

Error 0x01:
CR PID excess load error. Tooth skip or improper tension of the timing belt. CR encoder failure. CR Motor failure. Cable or FFC disconnection. Motor driver failure. Main board failure. CR mechanism overload.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Check the tensioner on the left side. Make sure there is no problem there.
Move the printhead by hand and make sure it is moving easy and not binding anywhere.
Lubricate carriage guide shaft (the large shiny rod) if needed.
Replacing the belt is not so easy... so it's the last thing you want to do.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've tightened the belt first 3 prints were ok then it started printing slow and gave me error 0x01 :( :( and now it struggles. Could be the motor?

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I've tightened the belt first 3 prints were ok then it started printing slow and gave me error 0x01 :( :( and now it struggles. Could be the motor?
It could be the motor and they are cheap, but you have to take the printer apart to replace it.
It could be just loose as well.
Try removing the belt and check everything it tight in place.
Also check that the carriage is moving freely without binding.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah ive ordered a new carriage motor, lets hope that does the trick =/ will report back when it gets here and i change it :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts