T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. First post here. I just recently purchased a used National conveyor dryer. I don't have the model # on me, but it's an older unit, grey in color, 12ft long, 220, 24" belt. It has been sitting awhile, and the heaters kickoff prematurely and won't heat up past 70-100 degrees. A technician checked it out and said the temp controller was bad, so we bought a universal one and are trying to wire it up, but having a few issues. Right now I'm just trying to gather more info, and if anybody has an owners manual or a wiring diagram of the control panel, that would be huge! Mainly looking for descriptions on wires 24, 25, 26. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured out my issues. I talked to the tech department at Omega and they were able to lead me in the right direction. Turns out the thermocouple was the issue, not the temp controller.

What are you heating that you need it above 400? And where are you measuring the temp. I have mine set at 335 F and the shirts and the ink is hitting 320...actually it's reaching 330. My thermocouple doesn't measure the heater, just the the air inside the chamber. I don't think mine would heat up past 400.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Patrick,
Where inside the dryer is the thermocouple? I also have an older National 10' conveyor that I am trying to diagnose heating problems with. Also do you know where to get replacement elements and how to go about replacing them if needed?

Thanks,
Doug

·
Registered
46 Posts
Did anyone ever find a place where to buy a new thermocouple. I also have an older national dryer and it works great but need a new thermocouple badly. thanks in advance

·
Registered
54 Posts
Someone on another post suggested Grainger. I think you can access their website at www.grainger.com All mine needed was a new panel that was a piece of cake to replace-got it from my local Graphics Solution Group.
Good luck and hope this helps.

Doug

·
Registered
2 Posts
Patrick,
Where inside the dryer is the thermocouple? I also have an older National 10' conveyor that I am trying to diagnose heating problems with. Also do you know where to get replacement elements and how to go about replacing them if needed?

Thanks,
Doug
graphic solutions repair tech can customize any part on any dryer

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I actually bought my thermocouple from Sears Hardware for $10 or so. Grainger has them, but had to order it at my local one, so I searched all the local stores until I found one. Omega was the controller I bought, not the thermocouple brand. Can't remember exactly which thermocouple from sears it was, but it's worked like a charm so far.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts