T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for best technique before printing my films.

When printing the white text over the black text at the bottom - would you print the entire words "live it" in black - or would you color-range and knock out the black from behind the white (leaving a few pixels to sit behind the white?)

...the fingerprint texture in the "1" will be printed as halftone - it is about 90% - will that show? (she want it subtle)

Cheers!
Here is the design:

· Registered
3,230 Posts
Personally I would butt register everything but trapping the black slightly as you described, printing the white on top, should work. The thumb print as a 90% halftone probably won't work because of dot gain (dots spreading and closing up). As a coarser halftone, the shirt color will show through as red so if you want it gray print it as a shade of solid spot gray.

· Registered
341 Posts
You might could try doing 65 line halftone white at about 20% on the solid black to get a grey effect for the fingerprint but I agree with the previous poster that a third spot color would be the least trouble on such a simple print.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.