T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious, i know that blank shirts come in many configurations, weights, colors and so forth, but are there any particular standards for for companies aiming at a higher end market? (20 bucks and up per shirt?) i guess i am trying to ask which blank tees are used the most for top quality consumers?

·
2,957 Posts
aokusman said:
American apparel
Is this what you think, or do you have some numbers? I know that a lot of people that buy high end t-shirts (well over $20) would never touch AmericanApparel. This is also true for those that SELL high end shirts. Also, there are plenty of individuals and companies that sell shirts for over $20 that have designs on $1.30 Haynes shirts. And don't forget, that there are some that have their shirts manufactured and sell for over $20. So I don't really know that most would be using AmericanApparel.

What different people view as quality varies greatly with your demographic, and even within certain demographics. So it would be best to figure out your target market, and see what they like.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Comin'OutSwingin said:
I know that a lot of people [...] This is also true for those [...] Also, there are plenty of individuals [...] And don't forget [...] So I don't really know [...] What different people view as quality varies
This is overanalysing the problem.

It's all true of course, but when the question is "which blank tees are used the most for top quality consumers?" the answer is "American Apparel". Simple question, simple answer.

Were the question "Which blank tee should I use for top quality consumers?" the answer would not be AA. But which tee is used more than any other particular brand? AA.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
It's hard to say which brand/style is used over any other brand in a high end market because there are a lot of different high end markets.

For some markets, AA is used more than others, for other markets Hanes or ProClub might be used more.

·
2,957 Posts
That's what I was saying. With so many individuals and companies getting blanks, how can we possibly know that the ones that cater to a higher end use AA?

Solmu, I don't see how what I said is overanalyzing. The question was which blanks are used the most for top quality consumers. There are just too many variables. What is quality? Who defines that? If quality is defined as the OP says, $20 and up, just the fact that so many people use "cheaper" shirts (haynes, gildan, jerzees, etc.) and charge more than $20 for the finished product, it just can't be said that AA is used more than others.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts