T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this site and to screen printing so forgive me if I posted in the wrong place. I'm doing well in most of the other areas but one thing I can't seem to figure out is how do I set up films for an image that is larger than your average film? The guy I bought my set up from had portions of the image printed on two or three films then taped them together. How do you divide up an image and only print sections of it? This is probably a really simple thing to do...I just don't know how. Thanks for the help:)

· Registered
273 Posts
Dividing the image up onto more than one sheet of paper is called "tiling" or "page tiling" and it can generally be accomplished by altering some settings in the print dialog in whatever software you are using. I'd read the software manual or developer's help page to find out exactly how it's done in your specific software.

· Registered
6,511 Posts
Firstly, what size do you need. You can get 11 x 17 and print them if you have a wide format printer. You can also buy Film in Rolls so you can cut it to whatever size you need.

Many of the wide format printers have an attachment for rolls.

Otherwise you can tile your images or just print them one at a time. Cut the film close to the image. Than place the film on your screen where ever you need it. Some people tape it, but I just set it down carefully.

There maybe another term, but I call it Trial and Error.

Go for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.