T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Fcivilized, I currently run my own website and outsource all embroidery and screen printing. I just purchased a heat press and vinyl cutter. This will help me offer another product to my customers such as small orders under 24pcs. also with transfers from companies like firstedition and many others I can offer them on my website and not print them until they are sold. I am looking to have all the new additions up late this fall.

I find that by outsourcing you SAVE a LARGE initial investment in equipment (Screen printing equip and Embroidery Equip) but you will need to find someone that is willing to work with you. By outsourcing the work I find that it gives me more time to cater to the customer and allows me to not have to be working on the machines all day, but it depends on what you like and want to do. I feel that if you have a good working relationship with the people doing your outsourcing everything works just fine. Also it does'nt hurt to have a back up to the main contractors doing your work as once in a while they may not be able to meet your deadlines. I have yet to run into that but I'm sure it will happen sooner or later.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.