T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, we just relaunched our website (JWORK LIMITED) and Im looking for honest reviews on it. Our original website was launched last year but we decided to go ahead and have it redone because it really wasn't "us". I guess Im just looking for a honest opinion. Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

· Registered
12 Posts
I'm personally not a fan of dark websites. I find them unwelcoming to the visitors. But overall the site is nice and I can see some thought went into it.

Just thought I'd mention though, when you click on "New Arrivals" and go to "Shirt Of Them Month" subcategory nothing shows up. Might want to fix that. ;)

Best regards,

A.J.

· Registered
458 Posts
No criticism here. I love the site. The designs aren't my thing but I found the site very inviting. I found myself surfing your site looking at all your stuff. It made me want to buy. I personally like the dark background with all of your bright images of your designs.

I would add an about page and give a little background about you designs or your business.

· Registered
60 Posts
I don't like the color scheme. Dark seems unwelcoming, and in combination with the vibrant yellow color and the scrolling text, I would think this site was 10 years older. You don't strictly have to do anything about the color scheme, it's not catastrophic and it is a matter of personal taste, but please: Remove the slider –*it is visually distracting and annoying.

I also think you are using the logo (red, yellow paper thingy) a bit too much in headings, offer banners, etc. The logo is big enough in the header, it doesn't need to be used on the page too.

One little problem in the navigation: When you go from the "main" info site to the shop, the navigation changes. That is a big usability no-no. The user becomes confused because the navigation isn't consistent, while the layout is. What about having a second navigation bar below the main navigation, with “guys, girls, sale” and additional categories?

Other than that, I think your site rocks! Everything is laid out clearly, which is the most important thing. And your shirts look great. Keep up the good work.

· Registered
3 Posts
I really love the site. Browsing through the site, I get a feel that your brand is very vibrant and energetic. You did a good job with the theme and colors, and I think it fits perfectly well with the military thing I read on your about page.

Someone, on this page mentioned how the navigation on the shop changes but the navigation is shop related and that's good practice from a usability stand point. It tells the customer that they're are actually on a shopping site. I've seen this type of thing done on the websites of other high profile brands.

In all, I can see a lot of work( and I'm sure money) has gone into your site and as a customer that will make me feel more comfortable about the quality of your product.

· Registered
60 Posts
Someone, on this page mentioned how the navigation on the shop changes but the navigation is shop related and that's good practice from a usability stand point. It tells the customer that they're are actually on a shopping site. I've seen this type of thing done on the websites of other high profile brands.
It is in no way good from a usability standpoint. One of the most fundamental rules of usability is that the navigation should be consistent across multiple pages. In this case, it would be a lot more clear if they used a two-level horizontal navigation, with the second level hidden on pages where it wasn't necessary.

I was able to figure the navigation scheme out rather quickly, but I had to stop and think, and clearly you did too. That shouldn't be necessary.

· Registered
3 Posts
It is in no way good from a usability standpoint. One of the most fundamental rules of usability is that the navigation should be consistent across multiple pages. In this case, it would be a lot more clear if they used a two-level horizontal navigation, with the second level hidden on pages where it wasn't necessary.

I was able to figure the navigation scheme out rather quickly, but I had to stop and think, and clearly you did too. That shouldn't be necessary.
I agree with you when you say navigation has to be consistent but navigation has to be functional. For example, the navigation on my blog will not be exactly the same as the navigation on my corporate site. Likewise, the navigation on my e-commerce site will have a few links that are not appropriate to my corporate site. That's why some companies have their main domain and then a store or shop subdomain like store.yourcompany.com. The navigation on www.yourcompany.com will be different from that on store.yourcompany.com. One of my favorite sites is http://www.marcecko.com, which has a different domain for their store which is shopecko.com. I think that's the same thing jworklimited has done and I think have done well since you still get the feel of the same theme and layout.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You guys really don't know how much we appreciate the feedback. A lot of time and money has went into the site and we want to have the most user-friendly, functional website as possible. We will be looking into (maybe) changing the background color. When we were designing the site, we felt the dark color really made everything else stand out, we didn't think it would be "unwelcoming". Also to comment on the navigation on our shop page, we wanted the shop page to be its own entity. Thats the reason why it has a different navigation bar. But we will be looking into adjusting that as well. Sales has been "ok" to say the least, it could be a hell of a lot better but we know it takes time and we are doing everything we can to maximize the site using search engine optimization. Anything else you guys can think of, please let me know and again we appreciate the feedback!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.