T-Shirt Forums banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

· Registered
555 Posts
I have a DTG printer so I buy about 100 of my size shirt and I have a gallery of the designs I like.. so every morning I pick one, print it, then throw it away at night. but really my favorite shirts are folded and placed together then each stack as the ones i like less and less until you get to the free giveaway shirts that are two sizes too big(why do I keep them I dont know)

· Registered
209 Posts
Well according to Queer Eye Carson says to hang on wooden hangers only.

Not that I am gay and not that there is anything wrong with that but I have tried the method and it seems to be a lot less harsher on tshirts that stay hung for a while.

I only hang my expensive and high end fashion tshirts thou.

Dan

· Registered
336 Posts
I hang some of mine and put some in drawers. The ones that I will just wear around the house I put away in drawers, the ones I wear out I hang up. I do find that now I am in the business I am getting more t-shirts. Becoming my own best customer lol.

Mystic

· Registered
324 Posts
Ope drawer, take shoehorn. Use shoehorn to jam tshirts into drawer and close. Beware on opening as you may get concussed when they escape :p

My partner has 90% of the clothing space sewn up lol so I have enough room to hang the stuff that needs hanging and everything else has to go in the one drawer!

· Registered
861 Posts
I hang my nice t-shirts, the t-shirts I go out in.

Yes, I too put the entire hanger through the bottom of the shirt and pull only the hook up through the neck opening.

I fold my long t-shirts that I sleep in, neatly in a drawer.

I also hang ALL my tank tops. I have hundreds :D

I hang ALL my jeans. I have more jeans than t-shirts and tank tops. I am a jeans junkie! I collect all types of jeans.

· Registered
1,991 Posts
You put the entire hanger through the bottom of the shirt and pull only the hook up through the neck opening.

The "lazy" way to do it is forcing the entire hanger through only the neck opening.
someone should invent a hangar that retracts and extends with a push of a button. You can put it through the neck, push the button and it extends to full width. I hate having to go up through the bottom, especially if the shirt is wet. I never put my tees in the dryer.

· Registered
1,991 Posts
Since my wife takes up most of the closet, I have one drawer to to hold my shirts and a shelf in the walk-in closet. I separate them by sports tees and then tees like the Volcom, O'neil, Split, etc. These I wear most often. Maybe when I quit my career job and get rid of my dress clothes I can start hanging my tees since that will be my new work uniform.

· Registered
129 Posts
I hang my nice t-shirts, the t-shirts I go out in.

Yes, I too put the entire hanger through the bottom of the shirt and pull only the hook up through the neck opening.

I fold my long t-shirts that I sleep in, neatly in a drawer.

I also hang ALL my tank tops. I have hundreds :D

I hang ALL my jeans. I have more jeans than t-shirts and tank tops. I am a jeans junkie! I collect all types of jeans.

Lol. I have a lot of jeans too. However, I throw them all in a basket until they're dirty. Even if they're Diesel or Paperdenim, they all go in the basket scrunched up. And after I wash them, they're folded and put on the ground of my closet.

I only hang my expensive (Ralph Lauren, Original Penguin, Calivin Klein, etc) shirts. Then, I have two piles of folded shirts on the floor (don't worry, I lined the bottom.) I have a pile of nice shirts I can wear to school, and a pile of shirts I can wear to sleep. My room isn't big enough for drawers. ^_~

· Registered
861 Posts
LOL! Casey, I hear ya on that one...Its funny because being a true jeans junkie, I have been collecting jeans since early teens...I hang all jeans, my high end (Citizens of Humanity, Rock N Republic, AG, G-Star Raw, James Jeans, J & Company, Twill TwentyTwo, etc.) and my cheapy jeans that I bought for $1.00 at the vintage store. I get more compliments on my cheapy jeans than my high end fashion ones. I am a sucker for distressed flare jeans. The more distressed the better. The older jeans I've had for many years are sooo original, I will not throw them away. Jeans are timeless...In fact, I still have my old Guess jeans when they first came out in the early 80's. I also have Levis, I've worn once. Its about 15 years old...still in great condition...

Lol. I have a lot of jeans too. However, I throw them all in a basket until they're dirty. Even if they're Diesel or Paperdenim, they all go in the basket scrunched up. And after I wash them, they're folded and put on the ground of my closet.

I only hang my expensive (Ralph Lauren, Original Penguin, Calivin Klein, etc) shirts. Then, I have two piles of folded shirts on the floor (don't worry, I lined the bottom.) I have a pile of nice shirts I can wear to school, and a pile of shirts I can wear to sleep. My room isn't big enough for drawers. ^_~

· Registered
4,237 Posts
LOL! Casey, I hear ya on that one...Its funny because being a true jeans junkie, I have been collecting jeans since early teens...I hang all jeans, my high end (Citizens of Humanity, Rock N Republic, AG, G-Star Raw, James Jeans, J & Company, Twill TwentyTwo, etc.) and my cheapy jeans that I bought for $1.00 at the vintage store. I get more compliments on my cheapy jeans than my high end fashion ones. I am a sucker for distressed flare jeans. The more distressed the better. The older jeans I've had for many years are sooo original, I will not throw them away. Jeans are timeless...In fact, I still have my old Guess jeans when they first came out in the early 80's. I also have Levis, I've worn once. Its about 15 years old...still in great condition...
i have a few jeans too. :eek:

......there you have it Gail. I joined the Jean collectors club.

· Registered
171 Posts
I use hangers and sort the shirts by style. i.e. Cartoon, Abstract, Higher end design, Funny sayings...

I also use the lazy method and shove the hanger through the neck hole. I have never had a problem with the neckline stretching and I wear large and sometimes medium. Slip one corner in through the hole to the arm and the other corner goes in pretty easily.

When I'm really lazy, I just hang them on the end of a chair I have in my room.

· Registered
158 Posts
fun topic Rodney. :)

well, if you own a retail store you can keep them there.

....may be open a store.
....mark the ones you like at a ridiculous high price so that no one buys them. :D
That's pretty funny. I have a small 800 square foot retail store that I tell people is "the worlds biggest walk in closet" for me. A few thousand shirts at my disposal.

If you really want to be nerdy, you could take a picture of each shirt and organize them in a binder. Physically organize your shirts by color and have different colored hangers for each t-shirt 'mood' so you could find them after looking through your binder. Your friends will probably make fun of you when they stumble across your binder though.

Ryan

· Registered
170 Posts
okay i know i have over 60 but not sure how many...gonna have to count cause now i am curious i just gotta know how many tees i have!!

oh yeah.....hung up sorted by color and i know which one is which just by the look

· Registered
170 Posts
i am sssoooo glad to hear that there are others out there like me who not only love the tee-shirt but organize their closet just for them as well.....i even went so far as to try to organize my sons tee's but my efforts were fruitless!!! he just hangs them where he sees an opening!!! it drives me crazy!!!!!

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.